The Days Are Just Packed
I had to buy a new adapter for my laptop, so my computer was out of commission for a few days. While I was at it, I decided to go ahead and order the foreign country adapter kit, too.
While I couldn’t use my computer, I took the opportunity to blast through all those Calvin & Hobbes books. I also boxed up a bunch of crap to take home on my next trip, June 20. I’ll hang out for a few days, watching the recorded-from-television-onto-VHS episodes from the second season of Lost. This is all Starbuck’s fault…
I got the score from the first season by Michael Giacchino. It's good stuff. It's music you can really get... lost in! G'hyeah heh!!
Ooh, the Battlestar Galactica: Season Two score comes out June 20, I believe. Maybe I can buy it on my way home.
My days are officially numbered now. The family is coming up July 28 to help me move out. Now all the road trips I said I would make with various people this summer are probably not going to happen. Maybe one, mayyybe two if I’m lucky. Just like Calvin, I’m having trouble finding time “to do all the nothing I want.”
Mainly the past week I’ve been trying to get around the catch 22 of finding a job and apartment in another city. It can’t be done. You either need one or the other squared away first. Do you let go of the branch behind you before you have a hold on the next one? I mean, if I find a sweet pad, what happens if I end up getting a job that’s a 45 minute drive from there? Forunately, in Kansas City, that’s about as long a drive as it would be. Is it better to find a job, then suddenly scramble to find a crummy apartment that’s close by?
So you see, I haven’t been completely lazy this week, but it’s hard to suddenly move 700 miles without having anything solid to go on… especially when I’m in limbo about an internship.
That being said, I finally found a sweet apartment last night. I think I’m going to move there as soon as possible. More on that later...

2 Comments:
I seem to remember reading this particular C&H volume some time ago. I love Calvin and Hobbes.
Sounds like the apartment search is going well...
Friday, June 09, 2006 3:47:00 PM
Yeah, if only I could find a job. Jorb. Jeearrb. Jerrarrrb!!
Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:29:00 AM
<< Home