Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ewok Celebration

Apparently I passed both of my things. That’s my guess, but they are keeping me in limbo until tomorrow. I’m not even going to recount the battles from yesterday; it’s just that unpleasant and ultimately unnecessary.

I have “one more edit” to do, based on the inevitable feedback from the defense meeting. So while my mind is screaming for a release, I don’t have it just yet. It might be another week (or two?) until I actually have my committee sign off on the thesis and have it turned in to the graduate college. Honestly, I have no idea how I’m going to make the changes Dr. Shrude demands.

Don’t even think about congratulating me; lots of people get through this program every season. I’m sure that as far as the composition professors are concerned, I simply did the bare minimum to slide through grad school.

Don’t call this a rite of passage, either. No one in the entire student body has had nearly this much antagonism. This was an epic struggle, not a rite of passage. And guess what—I got through it without ever compromising my integrity. Perhaps that is why it was made to be so difficult for me.

The worst part of it is that I was unable to spend more time with people who mattered. Now, I have less than three days to even try to do so. Tonight, a horde of us grads are going out for Mexican food (and of course Margaritas). We’re going to party like Ewoks.

Soon, I will have the freedom to do all the things I promised myself I’d do. Having wandered the wilderness for so long, it seems unbelievable now to at long last have my deliverance. I am not suddenly giddy and carefree, however. I don’t really feel like celebrating. I am not through the wilderness just yet.

But for now, all that matters is that I will be.

For now, I can start to feel good.

Ee chop yub-nub.

3 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Ee chop yub nub, indeed.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 11:07:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

You suck.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 2:16:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

My welcome? Or you are welcome?

Friday, May 05, 2006 6:39:00 PM

 

<< Home