For Love of the Pikey
I know you’re wondering exactly what I’ve been up to, how things have gone since I arrived in Austin. Well, I don’t have time for any of that, but I’ll throw a few points out there.
The highway exits here are bullshit, and they’re pissing me off. And Google Maps is a teabagging liar for leading me on a wild bantha chase after a non-existent coffee shop. I still haven’t found a new “sanctuary,” which is ridiculous because it only took me two days in St. Charles to find Picasso’s Art of Coffee, and I’ve been here since Saturday night!
There, a bit of rage for your day. You would have worried about the course of the blog if I had left that part out.
Oh, and the other day I saw a car with Texas plates and an Obama sticker. My head nearly exploded. Can it be that Texas isn’t like Seth McFarlane portrays it? Nah, just Austin.
So what should I tell you now? I haven’t unpacked my car yet because I don’t technically have a place to stay yet. Yeah. I sleep on a twin mattress beneath some people’s stairs like I’m Harry Potter, then I head across town to get things done with my girlfriend/business partner all day. I don't actually have the money to rent my own room yet, which apparently some people consider romantic, considering the nature of my emigration. Soon, things will shuffle around. It's just a wild week.
That was vague at best. Well, I’m too busy to explain. I’ve also been too busy to stop and smell most of the roses, but I do have one rose for you to smell.
That’s right, this was just a “placeholder” blog post! Ah, we hate those, don’t we? Yep, I just trafficked my readers to the pikey’s blog. At the moment, it’s much more interesting than anything I’ve said here (provided that you love film music). I’ll give you a “real” blog post when I can slow down long enough to write one—probably when I find a coffee shop that’s up to my Show-Me standards.
This blog post sucks.

2 Comments:
Hey, at least with the exits in Texas you can pretty much always get back on again if you get off, unlike some places. And the u-turn lanes are awesome. But maybe you're talking about that crazy tangle up by Dell/Wal-Mart and all that other stuff on the North side of Round Rock...I haven't figure that stuff out either.
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:11:00 AM
The criss-crossing of lanes in order to get from Leeann's to Juliet's has something of a learning curve. Specifically, what pisses me off is the apparent trend of outer roads that seal off all exits as soon as you get on, like a glitch in the Matrix. Oh, you can see where you'd like to be... but you'll never find the on-ramp to get there. This experience seems to contradict your assertions.
Hwy 290, 183, and I-35 need to play nicely with one another.
Perhaps "bullshit" was an exaggeration. I will admit that the u-turns are very convenient. In Missouri, a lot of the times they have signs prohibiting that.
Maybe I'll delete this entire blog post, as it is largely pointless and an inadequate post-journey "check-in."
Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:55:00 PM
<< Home