Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Notion To Leave This Place

So now I'm goin' back again
I got to get to her somehow
All the people we used to know

They're an illusion to me now
Some are mathematicians

Some are carpenter's wives
Don't know how it all got started
I don't know what they're doin' with their lives
But me, I'm still on the road

Headin' for another joint

We always did feel the same
We just saw it from a different point of view
Tangled up in blue

—Bob Dylan


I don’t see any incentive to explain why or how, but I can at least tell you that for a while now I’ve been actively trying to move to Austin ASAFP to be close to my girlfriend.

Actually, these days I hardly ever see the incentive to explain anything anymore. I don’t have to justify my strategy, that’s for sure. I don’t have work lined up here for this summer, so I might as well just ride off into the sunset. After Memorial Day (though preferably much sooner), I might as well just load my car with as many bare essentials as I can, then head south and crash for a while. I still love Kansas City, and I still hope to “end up” there, but I’ve had it with Missouri/Misery for a while…

This is just a statement of intent, merely a courtesy to you (as such, I have disabled comments). I want out of here. As much as I love the whole Across the Stars thing, as much as I love Desmond from Lost, being far and wide asunder kind of blows. And look how many of my close friendships are long-distance. Yeah, tired of it.

I’m tired of this miasma. I want out of here. One way or the other, my days here are numbered.

”If anyone deserves a fucking little bit of Happy in their life, it's you.”
—the Unsinkable Herr Vogler, to the warrior bard

0 Comments:

<< Home