An Extraordinary Case of Doritos Abuse
It seems like a lot is going on, yet at the same time it seems like nothing is going on. And so I ask myself, what shall I blog about? I don’t know, but it also seems like I’ve been neglecting the blog lately.
So this is going to be one of those meandering blog posts…
As a nod to the theme that ran on this blog all through December, I will say that I’ve been gradually building a tuxedo by collecting one article at a time: cuff links, pleated French-cuff shirt, bow tie, vest… and I have the rest picked out and budgeted. I will actually own a tuxedo at some point this spring.
I still visit my friends in Columbia when I get the chance, usually involving a few beers on a Friday night, then a few episodes of Friends the next day at my sister's raging bachelorette pad. I still meet with the Captain for bad movies when we’re both available, but the Amazing Brando has been too busy with his own spin-off epic, with a new director and score by Chris Young.
I’ve been composing, but not as much as I’d like. I also haven’t really been able to do much with getting my piano chops back. Too much is occupying my attention, not the least of which is how the heck I am supposed to move to Austin before the axe falls in May and I have no income when school is out for the summer. Either way—staying here or moving to Texas—the Creepy Bunnies are not going to be happy about my failing to meet their deadline of Easter. Kansas City is in for a dark time this spring without me… it’s a long story.
Meanwhile, my new niece/nephew/alien-human hybrid will be born at any moment. I will be sure to stop by and see the bay-bee on my way back home on Sunday; I’m headed there tomorrow, but not to see family…
The last time I was in St. Louis—St. Louis St. Louis, mind you, not St. Charles—I was living the high life in the form of a weekend-long bachelor party. Now, I’m about to return for a days-long rendezvous with my girlfriend, who is returning from a road trip to New York, New York. Both are certainly positive St. Louis experiences. St. Louis might actually start to redeem itself for the mountain of negative mental associations it has accumulated during the horrible months I spent job-searching there (not to mention the zombie outbreak and the revolution of the machines, which I blogged about in the past). The Cardinals are about the only good thing to ever come out of St. Louis. I really had an awful time living there, so it’s about time that place started earning Light Side points.
I didn’t know what to focus a blog post on, but I felt obligated to blog nonetheless, so I blogged about a bunch of unrelated goings-on.
So there. Consider it blogged.
Just for good measure, here’s an obligatory quote from the Captain (or half of one) and a listening list:
“…in what I can only describe as an extraordinary case of Doritos abuse.”
—the Captain
Lost (Michael Giacchino)
Terminator Salvation (Danny Elfman)
Tears of the Sun (Hans Zimmer)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Nicholas Hooper)
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (John Williams)
Stargate (David Arnold)
The Island (Steve Jablonsky)
Casino Royale (David Arnold)
Quantum of Solace (David Arnold)
The Matrix Reloaded (Don Davis)
Not a whole lot of new stuff on the listening front, but it gets me through.

6 Comments:
I'm happy that your quoting me has become an obligation. Makes me feel all warm and oppressive.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:34:00 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:37:00 PM
Damn yous, Captain, you were supposed to let everyone else fill in the blank!
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:59:00 AM
Okay, fine. Now it's "mysterious" again.
Friday, February 19, 2010 12:56:00 PM
Maybe. But the only two people who care have probably already seen it. So we have two options: either get one of those Men In Black mind-flash things, or start commenting on one of the many other topics posted here.
Friday, February 19, 2010 3:05:00 PM
Word verification: redrom
Oh so close.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:10:00 PM
<< Home