The Kiss of Death
”Here comes the story of the Hurricane…”
—Bob Dylan
I really, truly almost quit today. Actually, I might have almost been fired today. It’s a long and convoluted story that I barely understand myself, but basically it comes down to a gross absence of integrity on behalf some of the people who are going to grow up to pay for your geriatric care.
These kids find me way too amusing, and in their detrimental self-amusement they twisted my words from a volatile situation that ironically turned out to be predicated on the actions I took based on the disinformation from a lying prick. Enter a second lying prick (who, by the way, is a convicted thief!!!), and get this…
The principal, in order to sweep the dirt under the rug, and perhaps in order for me to save my job… made me apologize to this miscreant for something I didn’t even say. Wow, that's politics for you. Worse, the kid got away Scott free (no pun intended) for behavior that surpasses anything I’ve seen in twelve months of this fever dream. I actually had to apologize... for something I didn’t even say.
That… is FUCKED UP.

5 Comments:
See...that's just too vague (and fascinating)...you pretty much have to elaborate now!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:18:00 AM
This.
Is.
Beyond.
Comprehension.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:51:00 PM
EVERYTHING about this situation is wrong.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.
The kid was wrong (by default).
The principal was wrong for taking the kid's side. He/she is a principal in a rural fucking school. The kid should absolutely never be believed because rural kids are fuckers. Urban and suburban school kids are fuckers, too, but rural kids can be way worse (and I experienced both as a high school student).
Once upon a time, teachers were credible. The teacher was the authority in the classroom. Now any lying, sniveling little twat can accuse a teacher of whatever he/she wants because there's not recourse. Hell, the burden of fucking proof is on the teacher regardless of whether they're accuser or accused.
This so absolutely unconscionable and the principal should've known better.
Help you save your job. Fuck you, pal. I am the Guard of the Citadel. You're just trying to avoid a phone call from an angry parent who believes their kid(s) can DO. NO. WRONG. Fail.
So the teacher is in the wrong. "My kid would never do that." Yes, your kid would. Your kid is a little methhead cumstain whose best - if not only - use on our little speck of cosmic dust is to become worm food.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:31:00 PM
"Doesn't anyone have any missiles left?!?!?"
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:20:00 PM
"Sorry I'm late, Mr. President!"
The kid I apologized to is a waste of carbon. I had the Shittiest of Days because his parents forgot to use a rubber after too much Pabst Blue Ribbon. The other kid, his compatriot, is a pathological liar and the princi-pal knows it.
For someone like me, who prizes Truthfulness above all other Virtues, whose integrity is all he has to help him sleep some nights, this is the synthfiber that broke the tauntaun's back.
I am a dirty, dirty whore. The worst part of all is that this kid actually thinks he has total leverage over me. WRONG. Tomorrow I will have him again, and it is not going to be easy to be political for me.
"I feel a great swell of pity for the person who comes to that school looking for trouble."
Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:30:00 PM
<< Home