Day of the Bard
"When you can't tell your friends from your enemies it's time to go."
—M, to Bond, Quantum of Solace
Today is my last day. I will not work for a broken system. I will not endure these inane trifles. I will not decay in Bumblefuck, MO. I will no longer crawl around on all fours wearing nothing but leather chaps and a red rubber ball gag. I'm leaving on my terms.
Next week, I am moving to Austin to begin multiple ventures. It will not be easy, but it will be fulfilling creatively, emotionally, and adventurously.
Tonight, I am having one last hurrah with my friends in Columbia. On the way to Austin, I will spend a couple of nights with friends in Kansas City and then probably in Wichita.
I may be broke, but I am empowered. I am taking back my dignity by force.
"You and me, we’re fuckin’ done professionally."
—Christian Bale, to the director of photography

11 Comments:
Herr Vogler looks down at his cards. He doesn't say anything. He just gently collapses them all together and lays them face down on the table. He looks up at the Warrior Bard and with a twinkle in his eye and that Puckish grin that seems to say, "Good for you, son", and slowly backs away from them table and leaves the room.
Friday, February 26, 2010 4:51:00 PM
Aw, you've misquoted me all your life.
Friday, February 26, 2010 6:10:00 PM
"Let's just say I'm agreeing with you in a totally unusual sort of way."
Friday, February 26, 2010 8:55:00 PM
Stop mocking me.
Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:58:00 PM
"What now? Lemme tell you 'what now'. I'm gonna call me a couple of hard, pipe-hittin' niggas to go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. YOU HEAR ME, MISSOURI?! I ain' through with you by a damn sight...I'm 'bout to get medieval on your ass!"
Monday, March 01, 2010 9:15:00 AM
"Pikey! Did you just say the N-word???"
"What? Jew?"
Monday, March 01, 2010 10:37:00 AM
Consider your blog - once again - hijacked.
Monday, March 01, 2010 10:38:00 AM
What?! My comment is relevant! I just figured if I'm going to have a guy like Ving Rhames playing me, I might as well break out the good material.
Tuesday, March 02, 2010 9:16:00 AM
I... I don't rememb--
was that in the Maverick Director's Cut?
Word Verification: cessonal
That time of year when small, fixed-winged aircraft some home to the plains states.
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:19:00 AM
Actually, if memory serves, it's from The Adventures of Elmo is Grouchland - we watch a fair amount of that in my house...sigh...
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:50:00 PM
OK...NOW the blog's been hijacked!
GAME ON!
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:51:00 PM
<< Home