Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Fragile and Gleaming Hope

“Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content.”
—Bob Dylan

I’ve been in this desperate, “temporary” situation for almost a year now. Personally, I don’t have a light at the end of the tunnel. Every day begins with a grimace and ends with a sigh. Every morning I wake up here is a crushing defeat. Yep, a solid year… that’s one hell of a rut. The third rut in a rut trilogy, to boot.

And everyone I know seems to be in the same sinking boat. No lifelines, no bailouts, no quick fixes, no light at the end of the tunnel.

Our generation is going to be remembered as the people who had to sacrifice their dreams when the Axe fell. We the People will be remembered as those who endured, who found their strength of character because they had to. When things get better, don’t forget your anger toward those who deserve it—those in power who did nothing to prevent this, then did nothing to stop it, then did nothing to help fix it.

I’m saddened and angered by the stories I hear from people I care about. I’m discouraged and dismayed. We sure haven’t had an easy go of it, have we? Chin up, sailor. Weather the storm and ration the rum. Remember what’s important.

I have a plan. I’ve been working on it for some time now, but I still don’t quite yet have my foot in the door. So what’s the point? Nothing. I have no point. I just haven’t blogged in a while.

Times are tough, things are shitty for all, and you deserve a break. I mean it. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. So? Dig a new tunnel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Yeah, dig a new tunnel. Especially since the "Germans" have discovered Tom, Dick and Harry.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

And Harry was our last hope.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:53:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

"No... there is another..."

Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:05:00 PM

 

<< Home