Thursday, December 06, 2007

Icarus Falling

I lost my job today. There just wasn’t enough to do, so the boss had to let me go. I’ll still get paid up until next Friday (I earned that many vacation days, after all). If they do get a scanning project, they’ll probably contact me, but by then it won’t matter.

Today was also the first snow of the season. The roads sucked driving home at lunch. I hate snow. I also hated listening to everyone at the bank today talk about how great it was.

I can’t even declare a state of emergency and move in with my brother, because both of the other hands at the house are leaving next weekend, as I’ve said three times now.

So I’m here, and I have a one-paycheck buffer zone to latch onto the next tree branch.

It would appear that Kansas City does not want me.

Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

<< Home