Thursday, November 01, 2007

Crisp November

The first day of November. The tricks and treats are all out of everyone’s system, and the whole country wakes up with a sort of refreshed sobriety. Time to move forward, back to the real world; the time for carving pumpkins and telling ghost stories is over.

Fall is in full swing with the crisp air and whatever colorful leaves remain on the trees. The sky looks somehow bluer, what with the shifting of the planet on its axis. The days continue to grow shorter. And there’s the faintest scent of Christmas upwind, in the back of everyone’s mind. But first: a brief intermission from commercial holidays.

For whatever reasons, the following music enhances my “November” sensation, and is thus my playlist for the week:

The Time Machine (Klaus Badelt)
The Prince of Egypt (Hans Zimmer)
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (John Williams)
Final Fantasy VII (Nobuo Uematsu)
Chrono Trigger (Yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo Uematsu)
Dragonheart (Randy Edelman)
The Merry Sisters of Fate (Lunasa)
Redwood (Lunasa)
Treasure Planet (James Newton Howard)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Harry Gregson-Williams)

4 Comments:

Blogger Mac said...

November is good times.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

I love this time of year. Crisp weather, Thanksgiving, another anniversary of my birth...

Good times.

Good list, too. Though I would be tempted to substitute Jerry's The Edge for The Time Machine. And I don't know any of the Final Fantasy stuff.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:46:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Yeah, you both have birthdays swaying your opinions. I love July. Fireworks, barbecues, and thunderstorms galore... and my birthday.

Thanksgiving is the shiznazzle. Nothing like going back to the country, after harvest, riding the 4-wheeler through acres and acres of newly-cleared land...

Lunasa is a totally sweet Irish band I discovered my first year of grad school. I want to look into their other stuff. I crave more... a third album... I'm sure they have at least two more. That music just makes me want to relax with a new sweater. Possibly in a coffee shop, possibly exploring a barn, possibly taking a road trip.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 3:01:00 PM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

I second the The Edge, tough I'd place it's appropriate time as late Autumn or early Winter. 'Round the time that nature turns the wilderness deadly but beautiful.

What can I say, Jerry's score was spot on.

Friday, November 02, 2007 7:05:00 PM

 

<< Home