The Power of Three
Not much has changed. It’s still gritty on my end.
I waited like a jackass outside the office in the frigid cold this morning. Apparently everyone in the office took the day off and didn’t tell me. Last year, we worked the day after Thanksgiving. I even mentioned something about working Friday to a coworker on Wednesday. Strange. Yesterday sucked, too, but I’m going home tomorrow for a late Thanksgiving dinner.
I am having some crippling technical difficulties with Finale and Logic. I am being productive, but my computer is not. I could have been spending that time reading or something.
I ordered The Return of the King: The Complete Recordings. In honor/preparation of the sheer power of this impending momentous occasion, I have been listening to all six CDs of the first two movies. I have also been listening to a lot of other “trilogy culminations.” Actually, that’s just a coincidence, but it fits.
When I see three objectives, three captains, three ships… I do not see coincidence, I see providence.
Anyway, it fuels me for now. Might as well go with it:
The Bourne Ultimatum (John Powell)
Battlestar Galactica: Season Three (Bear McCreary)
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (John Williams)
Halo 3 (Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori)
The Matrix Revolutions (Don Davis)

12 Comments:
i LOVE the bourne ultimatum.
i just got Eastern Promises, and in doing so, have found a mistress.
Sunday, November 25, 2007 9:51:00 PM
The Bourne Ultimatum is basically the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Monday, November 26, 2007 9:27:00 AM
tROTK come yet?
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:04:00 PM
Maybe it will today...
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:13:00 PM
Consider it an exercise of your great patience.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:20:00 PM
Are you patronizing me?
I am reminded of the time Calvin sent off for the propeller beanie.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:24:00 PM
Maybe a little.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:00:00 PM
Don't impune my patience. Honestly, I completely forgot I even ordered it. I've been too preoccupied other stuff. If that isn't a sign of patience, then what is?
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:27:00 PM
If I really was impatient, I would have taken you up on your offer to let me rip it onto my iTunes library Wednesday.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:31:00 PM
Yeah. I know. I was just being a bastard.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:33:00 PM
I might add that I just bought the soundtrack to Ocean's 13, having finally watched it Saturday night.
This.
Trilogy.
Is.
Awesome.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:35:00 PM
Well, I got it. I'll have to rip the CDs onto iTunes on my lunch break.
Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:05:00 AM
<< Home