Thursday, January 16, 2014

Many Challenges

It has been a month since my last post. I've been busy.

Almost no sooner than I had posted, a lot of things started going wrong, as if the universe had been pissed off that I decided to take charge.

Just before taking that Christmas road trip I mentioned in the previous post, both of us started having car trouble at the same time. My car simply wouldn't start (and still won't, because we haven't had time to deal with it yet). Her car had developed a shuddering that had us worried about taking a long trip. Looking into the problem, the best-case scenario was that we just needed to replace a leaky gasket. We did the research, bought the tools, and did it on our own--saving hundreds of dollars, but taking a lot longer than it should, due to several setbacks. It seemed to be working fine afterwards, so we were able to make the holiday trip, albeit a couple days later than planned. Better late than never.

But now, her car is doing it again, which means the problem is something more severe (read: something we can't afford to fix, but might be disastrous not to). And my car is still sitting there. We're still sharing a car that doesn't even run properly. When it rains, it pours.

But it was great to be home for the holidays, and we were treated to a sort of impromptu engagement/bachelor party in Columbia, MO. Great times.

I have two more weeks before I turn in my apartment key and parking permit. For the month of February, I'll probably just rent a room somewhere, and keep all my stuff in storage until we move into our new place together (which we don't even have lined up yet).

Two of the groomsmen have dropped out of my wedding party. That's disappointing, but not altogether surprising. We don't even have the guest list figured out yet. It's less than two months away. Ugh.

Meanwhile, my three sources of income are crawling along. I have so much to do, and so little time. I know, everyone always says that (as though they are bragging about it, like it's a contest of some kind), but man, does it ever apply to me as it does now! Add a wedding to plan and an apartment search to make (with a deadline), and I'm completely overwhelmed. There just isn't enough time in the day to even make a dent in my to-do list.

I'm swamped. Well, I'd better get back to it.

0 Comments:

<< Home