The Bizarro Tim
Well, since apparently I don’t have the technological capacity to realize my tonal intentions, I might as well churn out some EA instead. It should be a wise investment of my time since I already know how to do that to some acclaim.
The piece will have to be at least eighteen minutes long, and the title will be and a cool breeze in the pines illuminated the anxious breath of many. All lower-case and nonsensically poetic-sounding. I love titles like that. It makes the composer sound so much more intellectual, doesn’t it? And I’ll work on it every night after I get off work at some new job in customer service. God, I love people. I just can’t get enough of ‘em here in Johnson County!
It’s just such a beautiful time to be alive, isn’t it? Well, I should go sample ambient sounds around the city so I can manipulate them in my EA piece. Ah, time well spent. I love this blog… it just brings out the best in me.
Killlll… meeeee…

17 Comments:
The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true.
No? How about this one:
There's a monster in your chest. These guys hijacked your ship, and they sold your cryo tube to this...human. And he put an alien inside of you. It's a really nasty one. And in a few hours it's gonna burst its way through your ribcage. And you're gonna die. Any questions?
Monday, January 14, 2008 9:22:00 PM
Forgetting the intellectual garbage for a moment; I actually like the title. It sounds like it could be a Debussy prelude. Of course if anybody said that to me, I'd thank them.
Monday, January 14, 2008 9:25:00 PM
Intellectual garbage? That should be the title of your blog.
I've seen titles almost exactly like that (the relationship of preposition-noun-adverb-etc). They are usually the worst pieces of music I've ever heard, too. Ohhh, I said "worst" and "ever" again.
That's right, big whoop, want to fight about it?
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:04:00 AM
I mean, "Intellectual Garbage" should be the title of your blog, not... whatever the other one was.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:08:00 AM
Somehow it doesn't seem fair that you get more than one "worst" piece ever. I mean, is it Einstein... or is it something else?
I suppose you're right about the title though. Titles like Three Backyard Sketches and Dream Meditations can be annoying and pretentious.
That's right. I went there, too!!!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:20:00 PM
Those aren't pretentious. And it's Sketches on a Backyard. Those pieces are actually pretty clearly and concisely titled, now aren't they?
Swing-and-a-miss.
But thanks for getting my title wrong.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:25:00 PM
Calling a piece exactly what it is is not pretentious. Calling a piece Dream Meditations is about as efficiently programmatic as you can get. 3 Songs after A.A. Milne is pretty much like saying Concerto for Tuba--that's what it IS.
Calling a piece Puzzle Box: a commentary on academic ideology is deliberately pretentious. Painstakingly so.
Calling a piece A House of Glass and Dreams warrants a kick in the nuts. N-V-T-S. And the title of a piece should never be longer than the program notes.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:32:00 PM
I seem to remember a fellow comp student at Truman (Alfredo Santa Ana) was quite fond of using exclusively lower case letters in his titles, which annoyed the editor of the recital program when they had to double check to make sure whether or not every titling "error" on anyone's part is deliberate.
My Balls are capitalized. Why don't you Lick them?
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:41:00 PM
I say, "Bring the peAnut butTer."
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:46:00 PM
or, "peanVt bVtter"
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:46:00 PM
Dang it, I should have made the comments Bizarro as well. That could have turned awesome. We could be lauding Tetraktys right about now!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:00:00 PM
The Bizarro Tim was just an experiment anyway. He wound up going around doing a lot of good and smiling at people. We couldn't have that.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:54:00 PM
Like Calvin's manifestation of good. I got in a paradoxical fight with myself and vanished.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:18:00 PM
What is this? Superman III???
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:46:00 PM
[looks eagerly at the Captain to see his reaction]
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:53:00 PM
Now we're ruffling some feathers.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:14:00 PM
I like Calvin and Hobbes.
...
...
...
Take that, bitch.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:03:00 PM
<< Home