Groovy
This morning, Mac and MJ drove down from Kirksville with the van to help move my furniture. It was a busy day, to say the least. After the furniture was all moved (it only took three trips!), we immediately went to the Oak Park Mall, followed by T.G.I. Friday’s for dinner and a couple drinks. It was MJ’s birthday, after all, and I had my own reasons for “celebrating,” even though I chickened out and didn’t get the expensive entrée I truly desired.
So, once we settled in for the evening at the house, we commenced our marathon: Evil Dead and Evil Dead II. Nothing like alcohol and demon/zombie possession. We educated MJ in the ways of the Guy Movie Classics. Little by little, bit by bit, she will understand everything about our gender. Her next assignment: the Alien franchise.
But I digress. It was a fun day, in spite of the manual labor. Tomorrow, my parents are supposed to be around here somewhere, and we’ll all supposedly do a late lunch together, perhaps at the Rainforest Café at Oak Park Mall. For now, I have to get back to my rum and see what happens to Henrietta…
And for the record, that mounted laughing deer head is still freaky…

15 Comments:
*Crik!*
Ah-ha-ha-ha! Ahhhhhh-ha-ha-ha-ha-haw!
Sunday, September 23, 2007 9:39:00 AM
Rainforest Cafe??? You want to do that to people you like???
I'd hate to see where you take people you don't like.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 10:00:00 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:10:00 PM
I like to go to Rainforest Cafe when I want to feel like I went to the rainforest (i.e. a bacterial infection from a fetid waterfall) but without the pesky annoyance of travel (i.e. life-saving vaccinations against bacteria often found in nasty fetid deathfalls).
Oh, and when I want a burger that costs twice too much. That feeling of being taken shamefully advantage of. Just like by a Costa Rican cab driver.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 1:12:00 PM
Yeah, yeah. All I know is Brooke and I enjoyed the Rainforest Cafe in Chicago. Any place where they add a fire hazard to your dessert is a good time.
With all the animatronic gorillas around, though, I did wish Bruce Campbell could have been our waiter.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:06:00 PM
I'd prefer my drink be the fire hazard.
Flaming Homer anyone?
Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:55:00 PM
Saving the world, one blog post at a time
Living in Johnson County for a week and already you're a pretentious bastard, huh?
Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:57:00 PM
EVERYBODY JUST CALM DOWN!!! Christ, I didn't even know what the damn Rainforest Cafe WAS, much less the fact that apparently I am the only one. And for your information, we all enjoyed it. It was too expensive, but it was different. It was worth doing once.
You want to find out where I take people I don't like? I take them to my now empty apartment on Tuesday night and grab Little Caesar's and some beer and cigars. That's what I do with people I don't like.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 8:11:00 PM
Now you're gettin' NASty.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 8:21:00 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:08:00 PM
Now that's comedy!
I meant no offence. I was just yankin' yer crank.
Like I do.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:10:00 PM
You know I was thinking about something you posted over on my blog. What if someone in the Star Fleet were to discover that the Borg didn't exist as we know them until V-jur flew by their home planet once peopled by peace-loving huminoids (From the Deep!!! I digress). Ergo, we created the Borg. Hmmmm???
The idea came to me after listening to First Contact. Again. The music Jerry wrote for the Borg is in many ways related to the music he created for V-jur in Star Trek The Motion Picture: Jerry Saves Our Crappy Boring Movie.
Nah. Sounds better suited to Doctor Who.
Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:17:00 PM
Hmmm... the only way to find out if that theory could work is to post it on a Star Trek message board somewhere, and watch the tribble fur fly. Oh, continuity, you are an instigator of so much strife...
Monday, September 24, 2007 8:07:00 AM
I'm reminded of those two guys who discovered a means of time travel in South Park.
Monday, September 24, 2007 8:12:00 AM
You know, the subjects of the posts don't even matter anymore. I could just post about different brands of dog food and we'd still end up talking about the same random crap.
I might as well take the not-so-giant leap and make the next post about movies without preamble, thus turning my blog into a message board about some franchise that loves and hates at the same time.
"This is a site populated by militant movie buffs: sad, pathetic little bastards living in their parents' basement downloading scripts and what they think is inside information about movies and actors they claim to despise yet can't stop discussing."
Monday, September 24, 2007 8:20:00 AM
<< Home