Monday, August 13, 2007

Bourne to Party

As a suitable counterpoint to the exponentially crappier work days, Saturday was a rip-roaring good time. Starbuck rolled into town for the day, and after I got back from karate, we met up with Dean and Ira for the 4:20 showing of The Bourne Ultimatum at the plaza. It was easily the best of the three (and I frickin’ love the other two).

Immediately afterward, we walked on over to Baja 600 for food and drink. Later, we found ourselves at Barnes & Noble, constantly regrouping and evading each other until they closed. At one point, after Dean and I pretended to be elevator attendants (as in The Royal Tenenbaums), Starbuck engaged in a quick-thinking action extravaganza that would make Sydney Bristow look like Mr. Bean.

Then, when you finally think you have the edge, the upper hand, the perfect angle to be the spotter and not the spotted, you get a call on your cell phone from Starbuck, who taunts you with the fact that she can see exactly what you’re doing. Starbuck out-stealthed the entire Fox-Hound unit.

“You should get some rest. You look tired.”

4 Comments:

Blogger The Captain said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, August 13, 2007 2:54:00 PM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

Craptastic. I guess I owe Brando some cash now. I bet him that you'd never use Alias and Mr. Bean in a simile. Now I'm out twenty bucks.

Thanks, ass.

Monday, August 13, 2007 2:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Starbuck said...

You should know better than to hang out in a four-level open environment like that. Too many compromising positions.

Word verification: udloo

I'm looking around for ewoks now...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:42:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Captain, you know you want to start a blog... you know it... do it... DOOOO IT... now...

We can talk about even more useless crap, such as my screenplay pitch for Aliens vs. Home Alone.

And there was much bantering...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 1:01:00 PM

 

<< Home