Thursday, June 28, 2007

Balls to the Wall

The three of us veterans (Chris, Jennifer, and myself) were called to the boss’s office for a surprise meeting/briefing. Well, it was a surprise to Jennifer and me, but not to Chris.

Chris, my supervisor, is leaving Great Plains Land Service. His final day will be July 13. Two weeks before the project deadline. How the crap is this project going to get done in time without his speedy, guiding hand?

My “elder” coworker, Jennifer, will take over as CAG. I will still have the added pressure of making sure these two new girls are adequately competent, should I be leaving for a better job in August like I’m hoping.

“This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everybody fights, nobody quits… you don’t do your job, I shoot you.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

I totally missed the Starship Troopers reference.

I must be slipping in my old age.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 1:24:00 PM

 

<< Home