Monday, August 13, 2007

Indiscretion

Previously, in the deleted post, I referred to a certain coworker as the Alien Queen, because she is vile and antagonistic in every way, and I ultimately want to blast her out the airlock. She is an incompetent, lazy, rude, vociferous, irresponsible, callous, self-centered screw-up. Not only does she drag the entire team’s production into the same gutter as her detestable speech, she is unimaginably self-deceived into believing she is the only human being on the planet with half a wit. She has the mentality of a ninth-grader, though I doubt she ever made it very far past the ninth grade anyway. But I digress.

Friday, my supervisor sent off everyone’s times for the week before she had to leave at 1:00 for a doctor’s appointment. About an hour later, the Alien Queen decided to just clock out--after the times were sent off, mind you. This morning, she didn’t even call to explain why she’s AWOL. You can’t just do that—especially when you’re under 90 days.

Big Boss had enough. She was fired, but she doesn’t know it yet because she hasn’t come in. I should go next door to 7-Eleven and get some popcorn in preparation for the inevitable scene (because everyone in the office knows she’ll start something). The sexual harassment complaints I had blogged about didn’t even come into play, though I made sure to make it very clear to my supervisor why I support her getting fired. I just can’t believe she made it this long.

This calls for a cigar. This may go down in the archives as the best Monday ever.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Captain said...

I fully expected you to call her a nerf herder at the end of your little adjective rant.

Good on ya for the "blasted out the airlock" comment. That is requisite if you bring up the term "Alien Queen".

Though I'm happy for you, I can't help but feel a sense of profound loss. I was totally ready for a power loader battle royale.

Word verification: Wewascec

Didn't he teach the Pilgrims how to grow corn, or something?

Monday, August 13, 2007 11:22:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Well, she could still come in for a confrontation...

I find it highly entertaining to listen to every single person in the office mention her "attitude problem." So far, nobody has been particularly surprised at this dismissal. Even her friends. This makes me happy.

I've been having a little difficulty containing my joy this morning. I keep having to clamp down on it, but a smirk still slips out.

Monday, August 13, 2007 12:16:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Well, it’s certainly been interesting today, listening to my supervisor keep us updated on the saga of the Alien Queen. Apparently she has called three times since learning of her dismissal from the job. At one point, she even used a friend to call the upstairs and be patched through to the other new girl. That’s pretty sneaky, using a proxy to infiltrate the secretary’s screen and then ask for someone other than the supervisor. While it may be the cleverest thing she’s ever done with her feeble brain, it is also among the pettiest.

Unbeknownst to me, the Alien Queen had earned a nickname from some of the others, “Miss Roachy,” because she leaves food around her workstation overnight and attracts roaches to only that part of the office. Charming.

I guess she finally came in to ask her friend in payroll when she can pick up her last check. The Alien Queen gave her lip about it. Never, never, never piss off the girl in charge of payroll. Without an explanation, Payroll told her she won’t get her check until Friday, rather than Thursday, when we normally get paid. I guess office friendships run a lot thinner than water. The two “friends” she had in the office (our supervisor and the payroll girl) weren’t about to be bullied. What an awesome day. You reap what you sow.

This is about as far as I can be informative without being gossipy. I’m almost even annoyed with myself, so I’m going to stop.

Monday, August 13, 2007 2:50:00 PM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

"...without being gossipy."

Hell, I thought I was getting my hair done.

Monday, August 13, 2007 3:01:00 PM

 

<< Home