Saturday, April 28, 2007

Twilight and Shadow

Today was the karate test, though none of the upper belts tested. We just looked intimidating, sitting on the sidelines.

Today featured some of the nicest weather since…

Later, I drove around to the entire Return of the King score uninterrupted. It had been a while, and today seemed like a good time to break it out. Felt good. Yeah, pretty good… but… more like a memory of what it was like to feel that good, that alive. Is boredom the price of peace?

The problem with The Return of the King is, how do you follow that act? I mean, really, come on. Whether you’re watching the film or just listening to the immaculately mixed score, there’s nothing to do but sit in drained silence for the rest of the night afterwards. It’s just so… final.

Here’s looking at you, Frodo. Maybe, when the time comes, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will come close to matching that level of climactic storytelling and anticipation.

Next weekend, Spider-Man 3 kicks off the summer blockbuster season. I’m driving to St. Chuck for it. That means a lot of driving music. And it’s getting summery. You know what that means…

Uh-huh. Time to bust out the ol’ Con Air soundtrack!

I love film music.

9 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Didn't you already have a post titled Twilight and Shadow?

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:30:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Con Air

Good driving music.

Gladiator, too.

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:32:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I don't think so... I try to avoid reusing post titles.

That's your comment?

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:33:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Oh, whoa, we posted at the same time. Never mind.

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:33:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

No, I used Hope Fails and THe Black Gate Opens.

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:37:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

And Into the West.

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:40:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Oh, okay. I was too lazy to go back and check.

I think you should try to work your way through all of the track titles from ROTK over a 67-year period.

Monday, April 30, 2007 10:55:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

You did have me scared for a moment, though. I thought I was going to have to delete the whole post on the grounds of having a reused title. I don't think the FCC would allow that.

If I ever do reuse a title, and you point it out to me... I may actually have to lick your balls. I think that's the FCC standard.

"...present them."

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 12:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Reed said...

if you licked his balls and posted that, i would like you to use the title for a third time.

can we do that?

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 7:02:00 PM

 

<< Home