Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Red Shirt

So what would you say… you DO here?

I had lunch with Herr Vogler Saturday. It came up that I still don’t know what I “do” at my job. No, I know what I do, and I sort of know why I do it, but I don’t know enough about how our contractor team fits into the greater scheme of things. I’m like the guys in The Island, not questioning “where these tubes go.” My supervisor alludes to problems with the Sprint team (and apparently all our files are first sent to someone in Omaha), but I never quite understand. I guess I wouldn’t be able to do my supervisor’s job at the rate I’m going. I need a flow chart of the phases of our projects or something.

Maybe it’s no coincidence that when I took the online novelty Star Trek personality test, I came up 65% Redshirt. I am the expendable guy nobody would miss.

After returning from Liberty, I began having some car trouble. That will be the subject of another post, since the story is incomplete at the time being (although probably much more significant than anything I'm prattling on about in this post).

Meanwhile, after perusing all manner of business literature, I have rediscovered how and why I abhor the business world. I don’t need to perfect the art of kissing someone’s buttocks while tying balloon animals. Most of what I’ve read last week was irrelevant information that not only dealt with aspects of the business lifestyle that will never concern me, but alluded to the two-faced politics I loathe, sometimes even equating the business world with the sixth-grade playground (“Psst---hey, so… whose side are you on?”).

The best part is that after reading certain sections about resources and cost efficiency, I concluded that buying any of these “valuable” books would be a waste of money, and perhaps even a further waste of my time.

I guess what I really wanted was insight into administrative arts management stuff. I have been looking at a couple jobs as administrative assistants. It’s probably a moot point anyway, since so much else is needed to get into this conservatory idea.

15 Comments:

Blogger The Captain said...

No comment.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 4:24:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Screw arts administration. What's left? Publishing?

Captain, we're going to have to make some successful movies. It's the only way.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 3:28:00 PM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

Then enjoy eating Raman noodles for the rest of your life!

Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:31:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

NOOOO!!!!! I had Ramen for a week straight in January. I'm not doing that again.

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:10:00 AM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

And at the end of the week, they found you dead in your bathtub.

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:43:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Dead from advanced stomach cancer.

Friday, February 23, 2007 9:12:00 AM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

If it weren't for Ramen noodles, I would have never made it through that year in college...

Friday, February 23, 2007 12:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Aaron said...

If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college.

Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:16:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

*GASP*

Can it be...?! The Marx?!

The circle is now complete... this will be a day long remembered...

Monday, February 26, 2007 8:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Aaron said...

Actually I'm speaking directly into your mind.

Monday, February 26, 2007 8:47:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Oh. Then I guess my last comment doesn't make any sense, since no one else can read your comments.

Monday, February 26, 2007 9:35:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I guess it's better than that one time you were speaking directly into my anus...

Monday, February 26, 2007 12:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Aaron said...

Oh, wait. Did I say "mind"? I meant "anus". It still doesn't make sense because you are the only one who can hear me.

Tim, I don't know how to break this to you, but I don't actually exist. I've been a figment of your imagination all along. If you think back on it you'll realize it's the only way reality could ever be consistent.

Julio too.

Sorry, kid. You're living in a dream world.

Monday, February 26, 2007 10:03:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Not everyone watches Grey's Anatomy, Starbuck.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:08:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

That's CAT scan. Not CT. Meowwww!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 12:01:00 PM

 

<< Home