Thursday, December 28, 2006

Car Chase

I have to get out of this neighborhood.

Yesterday, I got off work early, went to the bank, then headed home. So there I am, sitting at the sequence of red stoplights (they’re always red) on Gregory, waiting to cross Hwy 71. A cop car squeezes through the lanes of cars across 71, and fades from view. Naturally, nobody thinks anything of it. Then, I see a chopper fly overhead, in the same direction as the car. I’m sitting there, thinking, “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!” Since I have nothing else to do at the interminable red light, I watch the helicopter zigzag around above the neighborhood. This is the serious stuff you see on Spike TV. And it’s a liiiiittle too close to my residence.

6 Comments:

Blogger the warrior bard said...

It was kinda cool...

Friday, December 29, 2006 8:09:00 AM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

You live off of Gregory and 71...I'm...sorry! You in da hood, yo!

Saturday, December 30, 2006 3:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Cue the music:

"The Chase" from The Rock

or...

"Company Car" from Tomorrow Never Dies

orrrrrrrrrrrr...

"Damn it feels good to be a gangsta"

Saturday, December 30, 2006 10:23:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Well, no, I live just far enough from that killzone to be in relative comfort--er, safety--er, ... well, anyway, it's on the way home. I actually live on 85th Terrace. So... yeah.

Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

It's like all the ad's you see for Rockhurst. They love flaunting that they're in the "cultural" centre of K.C. when they are, in fact...in da hood...


...yo!


Peace out!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 4:00:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Who am I kidding. The whole region is da hood! I hate this place. If only I could afford to live in Brookside...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 8:14:00 AM

 

<< Home