Anticlimax
2007 is off to a lousy start. I’m in questionable health. Too much cheap coffee, not enough sleep/exercise… and please don’t say the words microwave and bratwurst.
This weekend was supposed to be glorious. In reality, it was anything but. The weather saw to that. Starbuck was coming to town. We had grand plans. Friday night we were supposed to meet Dean and his lady friend at the plaza. Saturday we were going to tour the key points in my KC existence, then watch Ocean’s 11 in preparation for our high roller adventures. Ling and Devin’s son, Donovan, turned 1 year old, and there was going to be a get-together at some Chinese buffet downtown. After that, our same foursome from Friday night was to go to the casino. Oh, yes, the casino.
Ten ought to do it, don’t you think? You think we need one more? You think we need one more… all right, we’ll get one more.
I was going to title the post “High Rollers” and synopsize the events of the weekend through a lens of Yzon. It was going to be the sweetest moment of KC yet, synthesizing the best of “old times” with the best of the present.
Nothing happened. Thanks to the weather, Starbuck missed the boat, Ling postponed the birthday party, Dean’s lady couldn’t even make it back from the Ukraine, and I stayed in my apartment all weekend. 2007 is off to a lousy start. My toilet got clogged, too. Nice.
Friday night I watched Evil Dead I and II while drinking 100 proof Southern Comfort by myself. Saturday… Saturday isn’t even worth mentioning. And don’t even get me started on Sunday. Sunday can just get out of my car and walk home. I have no Sunday.
As for today… it’s an unbelievable epic misadventure, a post all its own. Eventually I was able to thaw out my car, but my wipers have a bad switch or something. I’m trying to find the Saturn dealership, and I stopped at a Panera to do so online. This sucks. Apparently, today is some sort of holiday (although I’m supposed to be at work), so I hope the stupid place is open when I finally do get there. I expected my weekend misadventure to be a little less… Monday.

7 Comments:
"I could have been at a barbecue!!"
Monday, January 15, 2007 6:50:00 PM
At least I wouldn't be the one who eats, shoots, and, leaves.
With your luck, I'll change it to something new and your comment won't make any sense.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:33:00 AM
I didn't get smashed until after I talked to you. I needed something hard to take my mind off of the pain of talking to you.
The attempts were pretty vain, though, weren't they... incidentally, it's because of you and The Hollow that I have disavowed Sunday.
Two out of those three calls, you initiated. Granted, you were returning my calls, but you still made the choice of calling to see what I wanted.
Mwa haa! I win all around!
"Hey Quagmire... whatcha thinkin' about?"
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:56:00 PM
If it's any consolation, I don't intend on calling you EVER AGAIN.
... until this weekend.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:58:00 PM
... or maybe Thursday.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:58:00 PM
Microwave...
Bratwurst...
Microwave...
Bratwurst...
"Push the little red button!" - hehe
Speaking of drunken rambling, have Brad tell you the story of how he and I met sometime...funny shit!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:39:00 AM
It sounds vaguely familiar.
Wait... wait... I'm getting subliminal messages to microwave some bratwurst.... BLEAGCHGH!!!!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:22:00 AM
<< Home