Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Hollow

For a Mac user, I sure do seem to be running into a lot of integration problems that shouldn’t exist. Now that I’ve got my modest little home studio almost running smoothly, it’s time to start tinkering. At first, I might just make some film score cues that don’t fit any picture, but exist only to exist. It would be a perfect way to get used to the library of high-quality sound fonts I pirated from my friend Noah’s collection a year ago.

But what I should do is go ahead and make a demo score for The Hollow.

This B+ monster movie has been “in the works” for a couple years now, written by my brother and Dan. I read an older version of the script, back when it was submitted to and floating around the idiots at Lion’s Gate. Now, Dan is talking about directing it himself, starting next fall (he certainly has the know-how and the expensive toys with which to accomplish this feat). Obviously I don’t need to be working on this demo score right now, but I want to mess around with Logic Pro 7 some more. All I’ve used the program for before was to compose electroacoustic pieces, which I am obviously not enamored with doing.

The “current” version of the screenplay for The Hollow which I have been reading is apparently already undergoing further revisions. It doesn’t really matter anyway, because once filming starts, I’m sure more will change. For now, I just need to meet with Dan and go over some ideas, once I have some demo cues to show him. As far as the film itself goes (production, time table, content), I might as well let the good Captain speak for himself…

3 Comments:

Blogger the warrior bard said...

I thought the Cabin was in Dearborn, MI... oh wait, that's just where it took place. I see. Hmmm... maybe I could tag along to TN. That would rock.

Unfortunately, Logic is being a biznitch. My keyboard seems to input okay, but all I get is silence on the playback. I'm getting really pissed off at my so-called home studio.

I have a long road ahead for THe Hollow. Once I FINALLY get everything to run smoothly, I have to reacquaint myself with the finer points of the program. THEN, I have to make my own sounds, as well as try to get my many Gigafonts to work. Than, I will finally get to start sketching some ideas.

Methinks I posted prematurely. I can't even use my crap yet. I might have to resort to calling Dr. Lillios for tech support.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 4:13:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Maybe we should get together and discuss the logistics this fall. I don't live that far away. I'm interested to know about the unofficially-signed crew you have.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 4:15:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

We can at least come up with some temp score tracks to mess around with. We can compare iTunes libraries...

Sunday, September 17, 2006 4:18:00 PM

 

<< Home