Generic Blog Post
I still haven’t blogged about my new Austin lifestyle because I haven’t found the time, inclination, or appropriate tone. Adequate words elude me. I want you all to know that it’s not glamorous or prosperous by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s better than my life has been in a long time. But we’re stressed as hell every day because of money, struggling to make it while launching three businesses (two of which are more or less the same thing, sister companies for promoting art).
I still don’t have the motivation to blog in detail about such things. You could spin it to make me sound very successful, but that is not the case. I could say, honestly, “I co-own two businesses, teach piano lessons, and compose for commissions. I’m a composer, pianist, art promoter, and bookkeeper.”
The reality is that all of those sources of income are in their infancy. Right now I’m crashing with a house of five people in Austin with vastly differing sleep schedules. I have a twin bed under the stairs in the game room. I sleep under the stairs like Harry Potter. I still haven’t unpacked my car. My backseat is full of wrinkled clothes. I am dying to set up my keyboard somewhere and write music.
I will probably overstay my welcome in April (since I’m sleeping on an extra bed and don’t take up any space with my stuff, my rent is free in exchange for light cleaning chores), so I’ve been looking at rooms to rent.
I’ve been eating more Ramen noodles than a college student.
We are starving artists. Even the dog ran out of food the other day. Sure, sounds romantic to you, but in reality the Bohemian Odyssey kind of sucks.
But it’s better than what I was doing, back home.
I just wanted to illustrate that I haven’t been able to really experience Austin yet. I haven’t explored. No time, no money.
I sleep in Austin and spend my days in Round Rock, then after midnight drive back downtown.
I don’t write structured paragraphs anymore.
I’m just hoping that soon I can settle in. I’m hoping that soon I can live. I’m hoping that soon I can do the things you’ve been assuming I’ve been doing already.
But walking in the door at 1:00 AM with only a day planner in hand, greeting my roommates who are all up playing World of Warcraft very loudly in the room where I’m going to attempt sleep, I can say that it’s still a pretty good life.
As the good Captain says, “Home is where you hang your hat.”
I-35 Listening List:
1) The Mission (The Sum of All Fears, Jerry Goldsmith)
2) Journey To the Island (Jurassic Park, John Williams)
3) Enterprising Young Men (Star Trek, Michael Giacchino)
4) Flight of the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Nicholas Hooper)
5) Anderton’s Great Escape (Minority Report, John Williams)
6) Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant (Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones, John Williams)
7) Reveal / The Escape (Terminator Salvation, Danny Elfman)
8) Logan Through Time (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Harry Gregson-Williams)
9) Molossus (Batman Begins, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard)
10) Agent of Chaos (The Dark Knight, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard)

5 Comments:
Fact: It is impossible to eat more Ramen than a college student. Even if you ate a college student while they were eating Ramen.
Word Verification: lated
When traffic conspires all at once to keep you from being on time to an engagement, you have been lated.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:13:00 PM
Word verification: costy
The reason I don't eat real food. Costy. Won't be going to Macaroni Grill for a while...
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:55:00 PM
Word verification: cionse
An Ultra-Zionist sect of Zionists. They don't like anything.
The fact that no one is commenting on your blog is a Cionsest conspiracy.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:09:00 PM
So my blog post has been reduced to a simple and irrelevant exchange of word verification jokes. That's fine this time, since I was asinine enough to title it "Generic Blog Post." Keep the Generic Comments coming...
Any second, the pikey will swoop in on the chandelier and post links to scheisse porn.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 2:14:00 PM
Dude! It's not like I go looking for it! But I'm perfectly happy to find it for you upon request.
Thursday, April 01, 2010 10:04:00 AM
<< Home