Friday, February 01, 2008

The BG Redemption

Dr. Lillios emailed me with a very urgent and optimistic tone, forwarding me an email and a flyer someone sent her. Apparently someone wants to publish my thesis. It’s a publishing company that doesn’t publish music, but apparently they are “planning a publication on this subject area.” So either someone really humped the bunk or they actually do want to publish a musical score.

Lillios told me to email them as well as her ASAP. She also said, “Hope you are well. Give me an update when you can.”

Oh yeah, that’s right, I’m one of those students who vanishes without a trace and stays out of touch. Well, I would email if I had nice things to say, but I don’t like the idea of contacting my thesis adviser after a year and a half to inform her of my current loser status. Greeeaat.

My hopes for publication are most decidedly not up. I’ll believe it when it’s in my hand. That piece gives me phantom pains where my ambition used to be.

6 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

I want to be sure I understand you. You are going to do this, right? This isn't a pride issue, is it?

I mean, even if the last few years had been crap, if someone wanted to publish my thesis I'd be all about it.

Just checking.

Friday, February 01, 2008 1:49:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Obviously I'm "doing" this. How can what be a pride issue? How would snubbing a publisher possibly be an option on the table? If it did, how would that possibly be pride-related? How the fuck did you possibly even interpret this post as me being "too proud"?

IF they are interested in publishing my thesis, then it is most certainly a good thing. I already emailed the publisher, now I'm waiting to know for sure. The real question is whether or not they have me mistaken for a botany major or something. That's what it sounded like.

Friday, February 01, 2008 3:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Oh yeah, that’s right, I’m one of those students who vanishes without a trace and stays out of touch. Well, I would email if I had nice things to say, but I don’t like the idea of contacting my thesis adviser after a year and a half to inform her of my current loser status. Greeeaat.

You're right. I'm not sure how I could've wanted clarification. I just wanted to be sure.

Congratulations!

Friday, February 01, 2008 3:21:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

That was about not wanting to "catch up" with Lillios. Unrelated to contacting the fucking PUBLISHER.

Friday, February 01, 2008 3:24:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Don't stare a gift horse in the mouth.

Fuck the gift horse. Fuck him in the mouth.

I hope you can understand my skepticism when a publishing company tells me they selected me when they don't even publish music.

I got a rejection email from a job I didn't even apply for.

The only logical progression now is for some girl to walk up to me at the coffee shop and say, "I'm sorry, you're not what I'm looking for. Better luck with someone else."

Friday, February 01, 2008 3:26:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Here's a Fight Club quote I should throw at Lillios:

Or maybe you shouldn't bring me every little piece of trash you happen to pick up.

Friday, February 01, 2008 3:46:00 PM

 

<< Home