Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gathering Moss

If idle hands are the devil’s workshop, then I must be regional manager.

Out of the blue, someone called me for a commission. It’s a 3-minute piece for elementary band and professional alto saxophone. I’ll be getting more information later; this is way in advance. That will at least give some purpose to my evenings, aside from working hard to prepare for the belt test in St. Louis this February. Now, at least, I can say I have a composition that’s worth writing.

However, I may be forced to take a second job on the weekends, just for the holidays… that would gravely endanger my plans to stop neglecting my local friends. Not to mention my hopes of actually going home for the whole Christmas weekend.

I feel like I’m living just to stave off the cost of living.

“This deal is getting worse all the time.”
--Lando Calrissian

0 Comments:

<< Home