Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Memories of Green

I’m at the coffee shop (actually working on music, for a change), and I just overheard the most unusual exchange. I didn’t catch the whole thing, but the important part goes like this:

Girl #1: “I like Schoenberg.”
Girl #2: “I do, too.”

This just happened. It really did.

It's not that I, personally, harbor disdain for Arnold Schoenberg. I bear no ill tidings (no, it's Babbitt for whom I reserve my contempt). It's that I can't accept the possibility that the "layman" could like dodecaphony. Could it be? The masses are finally catching up to art music from 60 years ago?

This got me thinking about how strange things have been all day. Everything’s been a little… off. People. Places. Prices on tea in China. I think this might be a side effect of some temporal manipulation of events.

Conservation of Time Theorem:
When four or more beings step into a time warp, they will turn up at the space-time coordinates of least resistances.


I’m going to need at least three people to go with me. Once we go to the End of Time, we can get our respective magic types from Spekkio. We can then use the pillars of light to make multiple stops at all the possible junctures that may be (or have been) influenced. If we can get to the bottom of this mystery, hopefully we can fix whatever else has been changed in the timeline. This could be dangerous. Who’s in?

“It will require a portion of my cunning—NO… no. ALL my cunning!”

14 Comments:

Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Danger is my middle name. Well...actually, Justin is my middle name but if I had been given the choice, Danger would've been my middle name. Has a nice ring to it really: Mike "Danger" Shehan...anyway...

I'm in!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:25:00 AM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

I'm endangering the mission. I shouldn't have come.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:20:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I was hoping Starbuck would go that route. I thought Julio would join first, then I'd say "It's gonna be rough, pal. I didn't want to speak for you. That's one." Then Starbuck would say "Count me in." Then someone keen enough would say "I'm with you, too!" That would have been perfect.

This is close enough. All right, there's four of us... that's enough to break the barrier of the time gate.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

It's your imagination kid. Keep your distance Chewie, but don't look like you're keeping you're distance...I don't know, fly casual!!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:09:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Seriously, though. This is exactly the kind of instance Lewis Black talks about. There was no one with me to verify what I heard, so the brain goes: "LET'S FIGURE IT OUT!!!"

I should have approached them, like Jerry Seinfeld would do in The Pie. "Excuse me. I don't like to eavesdrop, but... I just have to know something. You said you like Schoenberg. And you agreed with her. ... HOW? Who ARE you people? It's really quite vexing!"

And one ear looks to the other and says, "It's dark in here... and we may die."

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:22:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Apparently people are more interested in Return of the Jedi and Chrono Trigger to actually pay attention to the fact that something is seriously wrong with the timeline.

But okay.

I'll be Julio.

DUDE. I am all ABOUT that!!

It's gonna be rough, pal. I didn't want to speak for you. That's one...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:16:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Isn't the fact that the Theorem is called Conservation of Time make it a paradox? I mean, since you can't catch time/light, you can't conserve it, right?

I guess that means I can't have my Christmas adventure this year.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:34:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

You're a paradox.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 2:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Yes I know, but don't change the subject.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

I'll para your dox.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Oh, snap!!!

Thursday, October 19, 2006 9:35:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I'LL TURN THIS CAR AROUND!!

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:13:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I don't even know what we're talking about anymore.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 12:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

I'm thinking maybe the effect of penguin flatulence on the ozone and the polar ecosystem.

Friday, October 20, 2006 5:59:00 AM

 

<< Home