Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Fog Clears

I found a new hangout. This solves my internet problem once and for all. Panera has been extremely finicky with its dispensing of the commodity, and the only two other places I could go to get it for free are both unreliable as far as allowing my presence. So I found a new place. It’s called Scooter’s. It’s a coffee shop around the corner from Panera, on the plaza. I can park in the same garage, and still go to Panera for the delicious sandwiches (or, if you prefer, sengwiches), then hop on over to Scooter’s for the ol’ intra-net. My weekly routine is taking shape… now, if only I could find a decent Bible study group to replace the one(s) I left in Ohio… and starting my job would be nice, too.

Jon and Carey Kruetz, a married couple I knew back at Truman, are leaving the state in a couple weeks. It’s funny, just when I finally return to the karate club, they leave it. I guess nothing is static. That’s one more little detail that’s shaping the upcoming year for me.

So, in a few weeks, I’ll probably be able to post a general synopsis of my weekly routine. As far as the near future is concerned…

My oldest buddy Andrew Fennewald will be in town Thursday night through Saturday afternoon. He’s flying in from D.C. for a wedding, and I’m giving him a place to crash. We’re probably going to just sit around on my patio most of that time and imbibe unnecessary amounts of whiskey. We’ll probably watch X-Men: The Last Stand on DVD at some point.

Next weekend, I’m going home for Starbuck’s birthday. I’m getting her a rock.

Her birthday is on the 14th, so I’m going to kill two stones with one bird and also visit the Captain. We’ll talk about The Hollow the day before… on… Friday the 13th. Spooky.

Not to sound too domesticated, but I’ve been expanding my DVD collection since I finally have a sound system that doesn’t completely suck. I’m looking forward to a day when they’ll release all seven Harry Potter movies in one boxed set. Same with Star Wars , since I don’t have any of them yet. Clearly, you can see how few DVDs I must have, if I don’t even have the beloved Star Wars saga! I’ve also been watching the Battlestar Galactica series on DVD, and I’m almost caught up for season three, which my brother will be recording. It’s an awesome show. And Lost… that’s another show I’ve been roped into watching—also starting its third season. Maybe I have been domesticated. Hmmm…

Meanwhile, I’m working on multiple composition projects, and being just all-around productive.

I’m starting the apocryphal Final Fantasy X-2, which is widely disdained as being the Charlie’s Angels of the series. It’s still canon, so I’m playing it. Besides, I got the game two Christmases ago, so I might as well play it.

Julio insists it is an utter waste of my time, and I will spend more time vomiting than actually playing the game. He thinks I’ll probably never finish it anyway, so maybe I should just devote all my free time to helping him write his screenplay for Getting Even With Dad 2: Cruise Control, starring Dolph Lundgren and Bea Arthur.

In any case, I continue to contribute nothing to society. At least I found a good coffee shop to do it in.

October rules. What a great month (when you’re not overwhelmed by the curriculum of a music degree and its stupid festivals).

30 Comments:

Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Wow, that totally sound like a Jedi blog-trick! I wonder if she waved her hand in the air as she asked you that?

Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:17:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I want to bring Battlestar Galactica home for you to borrow it. I'm not getting you a rock.

Huh?

Where did you guys come from?

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:02:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Hey! You weren't supposed to see what I was getting you! Aww, now I have to get you something else... maybe a brick.

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:21:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Oh, and *IF* I loan you BSG, I think you'll be proud of your namesake. Starbuck is like a female Tycho Celchu.

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:24:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Maybe not quite Tycho Celchu.

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:24:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I still don't have season 2.5 (the DVD release of the second season is split in two sets). I guess they're doing the Los / Alias thing where they take a few months off during the winter...

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:27:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

That's supposed to be Lost, not Los.

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:28:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

You know, why don't I just keep running up the comments counter, huh?

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:29:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

That way, when you tune in for an update, you're like, "What the crap, man. 94 comments?!"

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:30:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Actually, we did that to Brad one time. It was pretty funny.

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

I

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Like

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

They

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Are

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Fun

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Ha...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Ha...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

......ha!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:19:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I don't think they count if you just post one word at a time.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:11:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

But you did get my attention when I saw the comments doubled since last night.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:12:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Now it's just getting out of control. They just keep coming.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:14:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

That's what she said... g'hehe heh...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Giggidy, giggidy...alllllriiiiight!!!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:46:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

OH!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:48:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

We truly are wasting cyberspace. Maybe I should disable comments...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

I think we should keep posting until we break the internet.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

I mean, can you imagine it if we broke the internet?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

That would be pretty awesome.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Yeah. Pretty awesome.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:10:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

The post goes... MOO!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 4:59:00 PM

 

<< Home