Candy Corn
I went home for Starbuck’s birthday this weekend. Thursday evening, we had a misadventure trying to get pumpkins, candy corn, and Reese’s Pieces. We then carved the pumpkins while watching Game 1. I missed Game 2, but we also watched Game 3.
I attempted to make a sequel to my summer walkabout, but I only managed three rolls. My camera is on its last legs. I need a new one… I think I’m still going to resist getting a digital simply because I like the quality of film. I don’t like how digital pictures get all pixely when they get blown up. On the other hand, there is that instant gratification without the hassle of dealing with one hour photo at Wal-Mart…
Friday afternoon my dad and I drove out to get a buttload of firewood from some guy. That took a while, but it was kind of fun. Doing country things is much more enjoyable when you’re not used to living in the country. I spent the evening at Dan’s house, talking about The Hollow, among other things.
Saturday, Jon and Brooke (and the dog) brought one of our aunts to the shindig. There was more walking around to be had, and we even resurrected the old four-wheeler.
With all the walking around outdoors, the messing around with the pickup truck under the starts, the expedition for pumpkins and candy, the firewood, the whole weekend felt like one long blue jeans commercial. It was, predictably, immeasurably more enjoyable without having to worry about exams, recitals, papers, and New Music and Art Festivals. For the sake of beating a dead horse, let me say: screw wasting October on school.
This year, I’m going to finally see the Great Pumpkin… he comes every year, and every year I miss it.

3 Comments:
I hate candy corn.
It is neither candy nor corn.
Friday, October 20, 2006 12:00:00 AM
Thank you Mr. Black!!!
Next I suppose you're going to go on some diatribe about how all the candy corn there ever was was made in 1904 or whatever and just keeps getting recirculated every year?
Friday, October 20, 2006 5:49:00 AM
That's true. It's really not that good. It's just old corn syrup with a lot of old sugar and old coloring.
Friday, October 20, 2006 1:25:00 PM
<< Home