Monday, December 12, 2005

Enough Mondays

Another week later. I did some more stuff. Some other stuff happened. Now it's finals week. The last Monday. This morning I played the role of bouncer for the aural skills final. I have students coming in later today and tomorrow for the one-on-one finals, then I'm done with my assistanceship for the semester.

So far, those who signed up to test with me did so sporadically. If the other slots don't fill up, I'm inconvenienced. See, in the time between sightsingers, there isn't room to work on my counterpoint final project or study for my tech final, or really get much of anything else done. And I'm bound to my office in that time. So what am I supposed to do about it?

The answer: play video games. That's right. I brought the PS2 to the office. We have this TV that's been sitting on top of the cabinet, and I'm going to put it to use.

Imagine, if you will, you are a freshman, and you go to your TA's office to take your sightsinging final. You find him and another TA wrapped up in combat with one another on the Playstation 2. What would you think? Chances are, you'd think, "My TA is friggin awesome!!"

That's because I rule.

I think my inner child needs ritalin.

4 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

That was the part that I hated. You put up office hours so that they can come and test. They sign up and then they don't show up. Usually I just wound up practicing hammering on the piano. I actually came up with some good ideas that way.

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Your inner child also needs a shock collar.

Monday, December 12, 2005 1:50:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Dang. It didn't happen today. But tomorrow, maybe. Actually, one of my officemates agreed to do it Wednesday, but I don't have sightsingers coming in that day...

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:42:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Well, the video games never happened. What a waste of a blog post.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:46:00 PM

 

<< Home