Monday, November 28, 2005

The Black Gate Opens

The end draws near. Soon.

I went home for Thanksgiving. I was only home for 48 hours or so, and part of that was spent doing homework. It whetted my appetite for more free time. But now begins the chaotic semester wrap-up. As Dr. Gooch calls it, "survival mode." It seems I'm in survival mode all too often. Why should the end of the semester be any different? Oh yeah, deadlines.

Nothing else to say. Just working. I finished another book over break, which felt like at least a little bit of progress. Granted, it was progress in a recreational endeavor, not school-related, but still.

I still haven't seen the new Harry Potter. Maybe this weekend a few of us will go out.

I miss video games...

One thing's for sure: I'm being very selective of who I spend time around. Some people do not deserve my companionship. Time is scarce, so I should be careful how I waste it on other people. Some people inadvertently antagonize me, and these people are not going to get to talk to me much from here on out. Some people actually affect me in a positive way every time I meet them. Those are the people I want to be around in the limited time I have left.

A lot of things are coming to a head. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is always... interesting. Stressful? Sure. Relentlessly brutal? You bet. But this is what I do. I'm good at it. And I get to do it for another semester after this, too. After all, what else is there?

"The path you walk on has no end."
--Vulcan Raven, Metal Gear Solid

4 Comments:

Blogger the warrior bard said...

I can't wait for break, when I can see Narnia and King Kong.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 12:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Reed said...

it seems odd, but before sleep took me last night i was thinking of karate. i used to be a member of an ASKF dojo in Minnesota, and have even competed nationally...actually a couple times. when i was a first degree purple belt i recieved a 1st place for kata and a second place for kumite. i left karate when in high school so i could manage my grades better.
what rank are you and which kata do you do?

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

"The board is set. The pieces are moving"

As long as we're quoting things here.

Friday, December 02, 2005 3:13:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

I don't do ASKF, I do JKA Shotokan. The rank system is, of course, different for every style.

Americans. So concerned with rank.

I went in Tuesday night to train, but I must have done something to my right knee, becacuse I couldn't even move through a stance.

I'm so overwhelmed right now, and so bitter about having to cut my regimen in favor of work, I'm going to get really pissed if I type for much longer.

Actually, I'm scheduled to go into the tech lab and work on my EA piece. Until after midnight. On a Friday.

I abandoned a belated New Music Ensemble dinner reception party thing earlier to get work done. Something I earned. Again, I miss out.

"I can't do this, Sam..."

I think I've been holding the same scowl for about three days straight now. I have that Quinlan Vos glowering look about me... except I'm not as cool as Vos...

Speaking of which, I think for now red would be a good color of lightsaber for me.

Friday, December 02, 2005 7:15:00 PM

 

<< Home