Lost Time
I didn't get anything done today. Since yesterday, I had a remarkable pain in my right abs. I didn't even go to class today, I just stayed in and started reading Agents of Chaos: Hero's Trial. Eventually, after about the 24th hour of significant pain, a buddy of mine suggested on the phone that I might want to get that checked out.
All I wanted was a prescription for some liquid painkillers. Maybe codine. Just to get me through the weekend, while I take it easy and let the problem fix itself. But the good people at the Wood County Hospital ran me through a gauntlet of tests, thus usurping the rest of my day.
Fortunately, there are no classes tomorrow, so I'm not screwed. And I had the foresight to bring my iPod to the hospital, which allowed me to listen to JNH's score to Unbreakable. I have a taste for irony.
Anyway, once the possibility of appendicitis was mostly discounted, they let me go. That was over four hours later. There was seriously a point where I wanted to unleash my adamantium claws and tear my way down the hallways. I really don't think I have appendicitis, but they wanted to be sure. That's just what the Patriots want me to think. But they didn't calculate me into their little S3 Plan...
Anyway, I was thus late to Sarah's birthday at the bowling alley tonight, which I was looking forward to for a couple weeks now. I stayed only for a brief spell, and didn't feel like joining for the second half of the night at this upscale restaurant/bar. This is another great disappointment: all my friends are having a great time without me, and an occasion where all these people are together almost never happens anymore. If only we weren't all so busy, we could share our lives more.
I'm going to put the kabosh on my thesis, I so swear it. Then I am going to organize a Christmas party.
As for the hospital, all I could think about when they talked about the possibility of surgery was, "Nobody had better be eating any Junior Mints."
My Thursday is shot, now I am more behind in my work. And now I have unnecessary hospital bills. And I missed out on a lot of fun with all my friends. And I am out of commission for any exercise for a few more days. I must have just been pushing too hard for too long. I think Indiana Jones said it best: "It's not the years, it's the mileage."

10 Comments:
Are you sketching or orchestrating as you go?
When you're actually working on it.
Slacker.
Friday, November 11, 2005 11:49:00 AM
A little of both. I don't need orchestration advice. I know what I'm doing, I just don't get to put in the time I need all at once to finish it. YOU had the LUXURY of isolating yourself with it for two weeks. I don't want to wait until January to do it.
Maybe this blog was a bad idea. It just makes me look bad.
Friday, November 11, 2005 1:16:00 PM
Ah quit your whining and get better! I would like to see your thesis when it's finished so I can see how much you've bested mine.
Friday, November 11, 2005 1:30:00 PM
Oh, and you don't need your blog to look bad.
TIM-MAY!!!
Friday, November 11, 2005 1:30:00 PM
Oh, and I wasn't offering orchestration advice.
Friday, November 11, 2005 1:31:00 PM
Now I'm just padding your responses.
Friday, November 11, 2005 1:31:00 PM
Hey Mileage Boy are you planning on being in the KC area over the holiday? We should get together.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:21:00 PM
Not this holiday. Probably won't visit that far west until the summer. I need to figure out what I'm doing next fall, though...
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:31:00 PM
Three words:
Media Ventures 2.
Think about it.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:12:00 AM
If I can get half of my stuff to work.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:29:00 AM
<< Home