Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Baby Steps

Nothing really "new" to report, just felt like breaking the radio silence. Didn't want to leave my readers on a cliffhanger. I feel better, except I think I'm fighting off a cold. But I do feel strong enough to pull the ears off a gundark.

I hit my thesis hardcore over the weekend, but I haven't touched it since. Now I'm trying to catch up in my classes. Thursday hurt me a lot more than I realized. Just taking care of business... one baby step at a time. With each passing day, I find out my Thanksgiving and Christmas "breaks" are going to end up shorter and shorter. I don't like it.

This Saturday I'm rewarding myself. A lot of fellow music grads are going to see Harry Potter at 8:00, and a fraction of that group and I will do dinner at Max & Erma's by the theater at Levis Commons in Perrysburg. That will be fun. I bought the score, put it on my iTunes and iPod, but haven't listened to it yet. I listened to the first 6 seconds or so, and that was it. I was chagrined to hear that Patrick Doyle did not start with the opening celeste theme, therefore not congruous with the first three movies. I expected as much, but hopefully there will still be a fair amount of John Williams' original themes throughout. There better be.

More on that later, after I watch the movie. Saturday. Until then, survival.

3 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

We're going to see it tonight after the symphony concert - AND a new Joan Tower work!

Friday, November 18, 2005 3:57:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Hm. After today, I'm not so sure I'm even going to the movie. Nobody can fricking stick together. It will end up being a bunch of the music grads I don't really hang out with. I may end up refunding my ticket and waiting until after Thanksgiving. At least then we can have time to do a marathon and watch all four...

I still might go tomorrow night. I have to go find that out right now, actually.

Friday, November 18, 2005 4:05:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Change of plans. I'm not going. Tammy, whose idea it originally was, can't go. Several other people aren't going. Instead, I'm going to wait until some of those people can go, and I'll go with them in a couple weeks or something. I'm going to a birthday potluck instead.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:16:00 AM

 

<< Home