Milestone and Resuscitation
Let me just get this out of the way. Everyone knows this already, and anyone who reads my blog probably already knows this from other information avenues, but...
We are pregnant. Yes. We found out on July 3rd, but decided to keep it on the down-low for a bit, except for a few people.
As such, I didn't know what to blog about that wouldn't be colored by this new information. And I didn't know how to do it justice in spoken words, let alone text. So the blog was frozen in time, inhibited by speechless indecision, collecting dust until I could break the silence. And by the time I could allow myself to do that, the habit of blogging had once again atrophied.
Since it's already common knowledge and "old news" by now, though, I can feel free to not "do it justice," by not really getting into it much at all.
The doctors, with their silly method of dating when pregnancy technically begins, declared the "due date" to be March 8. We laughed out loud, because that will be our one-year wedding anniversary.
Anyway, the clock is ticking in more ways than I had ever imagined before. I need to get ready in many ways. Most of which, financially.
Now that that's out of the way, I can get back to blogging on thematic ideas and whimsical thoughts-of-the-week.
The other thing holding me back from blogging is figuring out these confounded formatting issues. For some reason, any time I copy and paste text, the browser now maintains the original font, size, and color of that text but hides it in my post preview so that it looks fine until I publish. Then, the published page looks brain-stabbingly awful, not to mention garishly inconsistent with all other posts. I can't abide that. It's supposed to all be in Verdana size 11, damn you! How hard is that to maintain?
So, that's the other reason I haven't blogged: it has become more of a nuisance simply to write a draft of a post at all.
But I am working on it. I hate Facebook even more, so I want to keep this blog going. I find that it is useful for conveying thoughts and describing events, but the blog is even more useful on a personal level, taking verbal snapshots for posterity, to keep my retrospective sense of chronology from getting too blurry years down the road.
And things are already enough of a blur in the present. Even though I question the communicative value of this blog, I will endeavor to make more regular blog posts. Even if it becomes more of a pain to format it.

0 Comments:
<< Home