Go Cardinals
For an all too rare treat, I went to a sports bar called Third Base to have a Blue Moon and catch the baseball highlights. I must say, it was a good day for baseball: it seemed all the teams/cities I like won and the ones I hate lost. It was glorious. Naturally, I was sporting my Cardinals cap, occasionally offering challenging glances at the apathetic and oblivious Texans around me.
Something occurred to me. I have lived in four states, and it seems I root the hardest when I am in “enemy territory,” to pick up the slack. Not that I don’t root for the Cards when I’m in the Show-Me State, but let’s face facts here: Cardinals have the best fans, and I have to represent that abroad.
I do so enjoy being an outsider.

3 Comments:
It's not all that different being a Cardinals fan in Kansas City.
Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:44:00 PM
Yes, one of the four states I lived in was of course Kansas... the enemy side of Kansas City, MO. I was outnumbered by Royals fans... vastly outnumbered...
Saturday, May 22, 2010 4:57:00 PM
Last night, at around 11:30. somebody with Missouri plates pulled out in front of me from a bar. A kindred spirit! I followed him for about two and a half miles, but I gave up pursuit when he headed for the Interstate. I was probably getting a little creepy anyway.
Sunday, May 23, 2010 11:50:00 AM
<< Home