The Once and Future Bard
I still have a hard time finding time or reason to blog, but I’ll try. I want my readers to have reason to keep checking back here, after all.
Things aren’t looking too great right now. Our stress-to-fun ratio is pretty harsh. Out of the frying pan and into the fire? Okay. Fine. That I can work with. No need to worry about me; I eat fire for breakfast.
Yeah, right. I may eat fire for breakfast, but I guess I eat raw dread for brunch. I’m doing the best I can, which seems to never be good enough. I was once an exemplar of my ideals, and one day I will be again. For now I’m stuck in “survival mode.” If you were looking for a happily-ever-after story just because I left Missouri, you’re looking in the wrong place and I’m sorry. In time, I’ll once again be the party member you want to recruit. I may be a pathetic loser, living in abject terror of the next day, but I will eventually come to the point where I can be what you and I both expect me to be. Eventually.
“I’ll be back.”
—Arnold Schwarzenegger

0 Comments:
<< Home