The Same Standard
“But I promise you that if you are angry with someone, you will have to stand trial. If you call someone a fool, you will be taken to court. And if you say that someone is worthless, you will be in danger of the fires of hell.”
—Matthew 5:22
Um… you know what, I think I’ll take my chances. Because sometimes you just have to call ‘em as you see ‘em. It should be noted that most translations omit the clause “angry with someone without cause.” Because there is such a thing as righteous anger. And I have met some worthless individuals, mostly worthless because of their total incorrigibility, thus rendering them worthless to society and to themselves. Hell, half of the kids in public schools probably should have been abortions (tongue in cheek).
“Don't condemn others, and God won't condemn you. God will be as hard on you as you are on others! He will treat you exactly as you treat them.”
—Matthew 7:1-2
I don’t condemn others. I hold them to a standard. The same standard I am held to by others and by God. The same standard I hold myself to. The same standard I expect to be held to, without complaint. And I expect to be judged on the same merits. I am fair.
The Enlightened Man does not call his neighbor names out of anger. Patience, tolerance, self-restraint—all of these are part of speaking with a “graceful tongue.”
That being said, some people are just wastes of carbon.
I am so tired of the wicked going unpunished and unchecked.
Self-Empowerment Listening List:
Enter Lord Vader (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, John Williams)
The Death of _____ (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Nicholas Hooper)
The Battle of the Hornburg (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Howard Shore)
The Sword Maker (The 13th Warrior, Jerry Goldsmith)
Wall Breached (Kingdom of Heaven, Harry Gregson-Williams)
Budget Meeting (King Arthur, Hans Zimmer)
Red Warrior (The Last Samurai, Hans Zimmer)
Barbossa Is Hungry (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Klaus Badelt)
Scorponok (Transformers, Steve Jablonsky)
Rock House Jail (The Rock, Hans Zimmer and Harry Gregson-Williams)

0 Comments:
<< Home