Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pain for Entertainment's Sake

The Captain and the Amazing Brando took on the most dangerous incarnation of Ghost Ninja Demon Fairy Truck Driver yet when they rented Camp Slaughter. I myself had seen the movie once before with Herr Vogler, so I knew what I was getting myself into. For those of you who don’t know, Camp Slaughter is a D movie for which Herr Vogler composed the score.

Watching Camp Slaughter was among the most excruciating experiences of my life. Why in Allah’s name would I want to repeat the experience, you ask? Because the whole time I was watching it with Herr Vogler, I kept saying how I have to watch it with the Captain just to see his reactions to various parts. The Captain, after all, knows more about filmmaking than anyone else I know, has a legendary acid tongue, and has a rapier wit (and sometimes even a War Hammer of Critical Bludgeoning +3 wit). So when the Captain got the idea of Netflixing this movie, I was reluctantly on board with the idea.

This is an awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful movie… but it still beats Dark Harvest 2: The Maize by a long shot.

I’m sure there’s a better way to spend a Saturday night, but look where I live. The pain lets you know you’re alive!

6 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Wait! Dark Harvest 2: The Maize??? I think I scored that one, too!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 12:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

iKeeed, iKeeed...

That was just Stalk

word verification: aliogan

Ali Ogan??? I went to school with him and he still owes me money!!! A fuckin' jihad on him!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 12:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

Could be worse - could be watching Death Bed: The Bed That Eats! I wish that wasn't a real movie...but alas...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:29:00 AM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Dark Harvest 2 made Stalk look like Vertigo. I'm not even kidding.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:50:00 PM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

I've seen a lot of movies. So many, in fact, that I thought I had gotten numb to them. But like The Bard said, you need the gawful ones to remind you that you're alive... that there's bad, and then there's just goddamn evil.

Dark Planet would be amongst of the later.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:55:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

I had a roommate in college who rented what were - at the time - the most gawdawful movies I ever saw. We're talking Children of the Corn 666, the Leprechaun films, Legally Blonde. The man had no sense whatsoever.

Incidentally, Camp Slaughter was originally titled Camp Daze. You can't make that up.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:49:00 PM

 

<< Home