Saturday, June 20, 2009

Anything for a Buck

Since summer school never calls me to sub, I’ve started a gig in geriatric care. Yeah, that’s right—I said geriatric care.

Shut up, Brad.

Yeah, I know, It’s the kind of gig I once declared was at the very bottom of the list of impossibilities. Funny how a ravaged economy and endless throngs of vicious-spirited people can change your threshold, huh?

It still beats subbing for junior high.

Hmm. I’ve had a hard, strange, surreal past couple of years. I’ve found myself in truly bizarre situations. The next logical step is to do like the K-man suggested and take a three-month contract with an Alaskan crab-fishing boat. Since I hate customers, clients, vendors, patrons, students, businessmen, and blue-collar workers, that’s about all I have left. And then I’ll hate fish.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mikey the Pikey said...

For Dog's sake, haven't you ever watched Deadliest Catch?!

It's an hour of:

"God I hate this job"
"GOD I hate this boat"
"GOD I hate [name of dude on boat]"

rinse, lather, repeat...so...YEAH, Alaskan Crab Fishing is for you!

word verification: mintra - a monster that destroys Tokyo with a blast of winter-green freshness

Saturday, June 20, 2009 5:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

If your list of impossibilities is ordered, shouldn't it be a list of improbabilities???

word verification: ounbe

Sounds like Jedi scum to me.

Sunday, June 21, 2009 5:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

If you can get Invalid Care it's actually a perfect gig for you. Then you don't have to be bothered by anyone's inane babbling (except their family members).

OOOORRRR you can bitch to them incessantly. It's not like they're going to care.

Sunday, June 21, 2009 5:38:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

Word verification: subing

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:49:00 PM

 

<< Home