Friday, May 22, 2009

Rest and Recreation

I’m going to Kirksville this afternoon. At least once a year, I visit with my old roommate and his wife, and they have a kid now. It’s only a two-hour drive from here, but I’m staying until Monday. We’re going to watch Terminator Salvation, build our own six-packs of various exotic beers at Hy-Vee, go out for Chinese buffet, and see what’s changed on campus since last I visited (not to mention the tornado damage uptown). I’m sure Too Talls Two will be visited, as well; it can’t be avoided.

Apparently, I am meant to bounce back and forth among the various places I’ve previously lived, without ever establishing any new ones. Nope. Just cycle through the old, over and over again, each time with slight variations. You might even say… with Jablonsky Variations. Yes, while life moves onward and upward for everyone else, I become the static point of reference to which they look for vicarious excitement. Wooooo.

Nevertheless, this weekend is going to be just what the spin-doctor ordered. Maybe I can kill enough brain cells to actually begin to forget some of the horrific experiences of societal interaction.

4 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Perhaps I should change my handle to "Herr Blogkiller".

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:07:00 PM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:12:00 PM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:13:00 PM

 
Blogger The Captain said...

Word verification: fluxo
Find yourself bored being in only one place in time and space? Try new Fluxo and experience the mind-bending horror and joy of simultaneous multidimensional existence!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:14:00 PM

 

<< Home