Knockin' on Heaven's Door
My car died again. It needs a new fuel pump and filter this time. Several hundred dollars I don’t have. And I haven’t even gotten my first paycheck yet. All the money that I haven’t made yet from my temporary, seasonal job just evaporated preemptively, so now I’m an indentured servant.
I can’t do this anymore. If things get any worse, I don’t know what to do. The strength and conviction I had this morning (I was in Jason Statham mode before my car quit) have been completely drained. Now I just want to lie down and close my eyes.
Do you still think I’m just being a pessimist? Look around you. Things aren’t getting better for anyone. Personally, I’m about ready to quit. I can’t take another day like today.
It’s gettin’ dark, too dark to see…

1 Comments:
If things get any worse, I don’t know what to do.
I know. You'll keep moving.
You'll put your paycheck towards the repair because you know you have to. You'll have a job, even if it is as a short-term counter jockey. You'll enjoy the holidays as best you can, filter out the babble of those who don't care about you. You'll ignore the fact that life isn't as you'd like it, because you're healthy, you're smart and you're young.
If you stand still - ruminate or navel-gaze - then it will get you. So you will keep moving, ever forward. The rest, Life, will sort itself out.
Now... entertain me.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:51:00 AM
<< Home