Xanadu
Digital Audio Editors Wanted (St. Louis)
Freelance and Full Time/Part Time Experienced/Entry-Level Positions
All shifts availaboe
Location: Saint Louis
We are hiring digital audio editors to fill our ever increasing work load. Full time employees will enjoy many benefits including health insurance, a fund matching 401k program, FSA program, paid vacation and sick days. This is a great opportunity with a growing company.
You should be friendly, hard working, reliable, very Macintosh savvy and a fast learner. We use Logic by Apple. It is necessary to be proficient on the Macintosh operating system.
I am interested in your education, experience with digital audio editing, independent study and audio experience.
Please send me an email with a cover letter describing why you would be great for the job, your resume and references.
Just when I thought I’ve seen everything, I find something like this, something that causes my heart to skip a beat. Is it… is it… could it be… is it…? *gasp* It is! It’s something I’m both qualified and interested in! For someone like me, that’s an incredible find. Because I have the unfortunate curse of having few real career passions yet struggling to define happiness by doing something “worthwhile.” Yes, just on the surface, a mere cursory glance at the fairly vague wording reveals that this at least seems like something I might be able to get satisfaction out of.
If I have one regret in life, it’s not having mastered everything I’ve ever done (tongue-in-cheek). Sure, I just may have forgotten what rudimentary knowledge of Logic I had, but I can at least beat out the truly entry-level candidates. I took a class in using Logic (and I still have textbooks on the subject), I have a keen ear as a composer, and I mastered a simpler program, Sound Studio 2. Digital audio engineering is one thing I think I could really enjoy doing for a living. Really.
I mean, this sort of thing is essentially the only reason why I didn’t drop out of grad school, however abstract and hypothetical this sort of scenario actually is.
Let’s just say that I’ve seen the “real world,” and it’s a cold and lonely place when you are guaranteed never to have common ground with your coworkers (unless you go on to become a professor), but here I could be appreciated. That goes a long way in my book. You know me… camaraderie. Basically, take editing in the studio in BG and filter out the crappy backdrop of being raped by the system on a daily basis, and you have a career path I can embrace. Even stress and deadlines are welcome, because at least I’d have that periodic, cyclical moment of release, the satisfaction of having a final product of something I helped create.
Of course, I’m speaking extremely hypothetically. And the only reason I’m having such a strong reaction to this find is because lately I’ve all but given up on being anything more than a data entry stooge at best. Naturally, I don’t expect this job to be a dream come true or anything. In fact, I don’t even expect to get a callback. In fact, I half expect this to be yet another bullshit marketing/recruiter’s ploy, since half of Craigslist’s employment ads are exactly that. If this turns out to be such a false lead, I am going to hunt someone down and cut their nuts off.
If only I could imagine myself into a dream job…
Where the Scotch flows like honey…
I don’t ask for much. Just that the universe conforms to my daydreams and that I don’t have to actually do anything to earn it. You know, the American Dream. And I want a cool gun mounted on my arm like Mega Man. That would be sweet.
No, seriously. Just based on the wording in this ad, I can tell you that I am interested and qualified. I have a Master’s degree that certainly involved considerable exposure to this sort of thing, so I’d better at least get a Goddamn interview.

0 Comments:
<< Home