Sunday, November 15, 2009

Gin and Tonic

It’s too early to blog about the Christmas season, but I have a few things to say. The past two Christmases sucked reindeer balls, so out of determination to salvage this year as best I can, I am making a couple of weekend trips. Despite my crappy life, I will at least be able to enjoy some of this coming Christmas season. Rat Pack style.

The weekend of December 5, I will be in Minneapolis. It’s going to happen. Mall of America, Hollidazzle, maple nut lattes at Borders, whatever. I’m going to visit the Plochers, comrades from BGSU, because three and a half years is a ridiculously long time to not see one’s friends.

The weekend of December 19, I will be in Kansas City. It’s going to happen. There’s an important karate event that Saturday, and it will be glorious to train with the gang again at the new dojo. Also, I’ll be visiting Metro, a handful of other people, and crashing at Dean’s new pad, right off the Plaza. Jim Beam will be consumed, video games will be played, and John Powell will be heard.

Screw gas money. This is happening.

New Year’s Eve is still undeclared. Whoever offers the most potential for group alcohol consumption will probably win my companionship for that night. Wait, I didn’t mean “companionship” in a dirty way. Oh heck, it’s New Year’s. Why not.

Again, I hate to blog about Christmas before Thanksgiving, because I’m already irritated by the decorations at the mall and the novelty music on the radio. (Wait for it!) But I will leave you with one tasty nugget of nihilistic holiday cheer, from a recent phone rant with the Captain:

”I’ve always had an unjustifiable rage towards Frosty the Snowman.”
—the warrior bard


No Christmas-themed comments, please.

6 Comments:

Blogger Herr Vogler said...

”I’ve always had an unjustifiable rage towards Frosty the Snowman.”
—the warrior bard


Perhaps you're envious of his snowballs.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

P.S. I love Christmas. I just wish it didn't start so damned early. The longer it goes (commercially speaking), the harder one has to work to retain its specialness.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Herr Vogler said...

Sorry. That was a Christmas-themed comment.

word verification: flaywa

Flava-Flav's Eastern European cousin

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:46:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

You... bitch.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:50:00 PM

 
Blogger the warrior bard said...

On a relevant note, I wonder if a meeting with the pikey would be feasible sometime that weekend?

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Struggeling Artist said...

huh . . . so WHERE are you going to be on New Year's then? Sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity . . .

Friday, December 18, 2009 9:15:00 AM

 

<< Home