Divertissement, part III: Greed
I’ve been thinking about this one DVD shelf at Best Buy. It has the perfect dimensions for not DVDs but paperback novels. I can fit all my Star Wars paperbacks in it, and I can even divide them sensibly—one shelf per period: Prequel Era (everything from Darth Bane to Revenge of the Sith), Rebellion Era, New Republic Era, the New Jedi Order series, and Dark Nest/Legacy of the Force. It’s so perfect. I tape-measured it and everything.
It’s all for aesthetics. I could do without it, and why do I need to store every book with me? Because they’re my books! I want them organized the way I want, and when I want to look something up I can’t because they’re at my parents’ house. Yeah, I should wait until I actually have my own place.
I’ve been looking for the “perfect” bookshelf for these paperbacks for a long time. I should have thought about DVD shelves a long time ago. Each shelf would still have room for future book releases, so the organization wouldn’t totally be thrown off… mooooore books… bring me mooore!! And more DVD shelves for more DVDs!! MORE!!
The shelf costs $100, and I have that store-credit card for $91 that I can’t seem to use on anything better… so every day is a battle with temptation.

3 Comments:
Dude, how many people can say they actually want to spend money on a bookshelf that will store...books? As one bibliophile to another, I would say go for the shelf, especially since it will be almost free.
Also, one of the most exciting things about being home in Ohio this week is I finally get to pack up all my books and take them with me. All my books. Together. With me. Mwahahahahhahaha!
Thursday, August 07, 2008 10:15:00 PM
More....
MORE,,,,,,,,,
Thursday, August 07, 2008 11:21:00 PM
I guess it's a good thing I placed in your fell head the idea of using a dvd shelf rather than a traditional bookshelf, now isn't it?
Friday, August 08, 2008 2:18:00 PM
<< Home