Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bread Crumbs

I decided to drag out a single “fluff” post across several entries, just to give the readers a lighthearted escape from the alleged “Tim Hates Life” tone of my blog. How do I deny my own personal Hell? Just write about stupid crap instead. Easy enough. “It’ll give them all a fun distraction before plunging back into brutal reality.” Hence the label divertissement.

So this is one of those “bread crumbs” posts for myself—a marker for making sense of chronology much farther down the road. It can also serve the purpose of aiding the FBI in determining “where Tim went wrong”…

On to the current points of personal interest…

1) Helped Jon and Brooke move into new house. Still helping prep old house for new renters. Operation GTFO still top priority.

2) Frickin tired of materialistic nature of this society. Considering selling off trappings and belongings if for no other reason than an act of contrition.

3) Started rereading Calvin & Hobbes collection in order, a marathon the likes of which hasn’t been done since right before leaving BG. Decided that certain material possessions must never be purged.

4) Composition status: indefinite sabbatical.

5) Hoping to meet Dean in Columbia (halfway point) sometime in September to loan him Seinfeld seasons 3-9 and perhaps to catch a flick. Will stop by parents’ house to drop off other stuff and watch 300 with Starbuck.

6) Applying for everything under the sun. Consistently being rejected. Working damned hard at it. Waiting for new president to restore hope to the little people.


”I can’t imagine the psychological toll this must have taken on you.”
--Herr Vogler, on the subject of eight months’ unemployment

No, you can’t. You really… really… can’t. But validation is the sweetest brand of consolation. Things are tough, and I am unhappy, but that’s not a testament to how my heart is in the wrong place or something. I just miss my friends and my personal space. A year is a long time when you’re in your twenties. I still know what’s really important (learned it the hard way). Besides, I never even wanted to be a homeowner; I’m too Bohemian for the American Dream.

0 Comments:

<< Home