Silence
For reasons I am too self-absorbed to pay enough attention to when they’re explained to me to remember later, Jon and Brooke’s flight doesn’t come in until this afternoon.
”It’s quiet now…”
The household will soon return to its regular insanity.
I’ve been here two months, and in that time I have been unable to go to a single Sunday afternoon meeting with the Japanese people. Kind of hard to network assets when you aren’t even meeting them.
Two months and no leads on a job. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, administration is not my world. Funny, I guess my previous job turned out to be even more worthless in reality than I had imagined on my most cynical of days. Good to know I wasted over a year working there just to “build” my resume. Well done, warrior bard. Well done.
The music stopped. I created only dreck this week. Not music.
Two months I have pondered my displacement, my lack of belonging in the world. Two months I have been confined to my introspective prison of causality and existentialism.
I am standing at a precipice. Things are going to change soon. Things are always changing, but the relative stillness of events suggests an impending tempest of crap.
The music stopped. There is only silence.
”It’s quiet now. They came from the blackness.”

0 Comments:
<< Home