Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Exile

I call shenanigans on February. I don’t even want to post about February anymore. Screw February.

I will not post again for three weeks. This includes comments.

Fritz leaves for Key West for almost a month starting Thursday. This weekend I’m taking advantage of that and crashing at my brother’s house—it’s his birthday, and he’s coincidentally hosting Game Weekend.

I hope to reintegrate into the dojo in March. I’ve only been able to go to the first karate class of every month for the past three months. I haven’t trained full-time since before Thanksgiving. I’ve been on my own in the meantime.

I haven’t really been involved with church or Life Group, either. A few weeks ago, I had coffee with Jim and Carol (the pastor and group leader, respectively), explaining that I got tired of only having negative things to report, and that I almost didn’t want to show up until I fix things. Sort of a self-imposed exile. Maybe in March I’ll return to Life Group.

I’ll keep doing the composition thing. Maybe I’ll settle on a project and have it finished by March. Maybe not. Maybe I’ll keep juggling pieces and never finish them. Whatever’s expedient.

So I’ve effectively vanished from church, Life Group, and karate training. Now I’m taking a break from blogging. Might as well vanish from the blogsphere, too. Some people (*cough* Pikey) never post more than once a month anyway. Some people deliberately post even more infrequently than that (*cough* Julio).

I’ll be back in three weeks.

0 Comments:

<< Home