Saturday, February 02, 2013

I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

I seem to have gained some of that elusive momentum for posting on my blog. Maybe I can use that energy to spark other areas of my life into progress, as well. Basically, omit all the whimsicality and mundane details of the previous post, and salvage only the first and last paragraphs:

2013 is off to a pretty bad start. We're already on the second month of the year, and I haven't actually "started" it yet.

I never make New Year's resolutions (if you truly want to change something for the better, why wait for the number on the calendar to change?), but I did resolve to do a few things. I intended to make every effort to prevent myself from falling into the same pattern of procrastination that has plagued the past year. Ironically, I put off not procrastinating, and now I'm already a whole month behind on this whole "2013" thing.

[cut]

But the new year starts
now. Next week, I'm taking on two more piano students, against my better judgement. I will have to redraft my weekly schedule, make some improvements, and stick to it. I don't have time to procrastinate anything. I have so much to do, I just hope I can achieve half of my goals.

By the end of the year, I will either have a new computer or I will have no computer at all. I will either have a life plan or I will be a total failure in abject despair and self-loathing. I will either visit my friends or I will fade out of memory. I have eleven months.

No pressure.


I have decided to give Facebook another chance a lot sooner than I thought. I've aired my frustrations on the blog, and while I intended to take at least a two-week hiatus, after only one week I decided I can still use it for motivation, lightheartedness, or other positive things. But I've learned not to get involved in your opinionated "discussions." No, I will not take any more abuse on Facebook. It's such a frivolous, superficial thing, that Facebook. If it's going to turn ugly again, I might just quit altogether. I don't need an extra dimension of aggravation in my life. Not from something as inconsequential as Facebook feuds. So I'll go back to what I was doing: mainly posting pictures and articles for entertainment purposes.

But I do so with wary eyes.

What changed my mind is the sentiment I had about not procrastinating. I was reminded just how precious time is. And while I have little incentive to use Facebook in the same way everyone else does, I can still use it to inspire. Inspire others and inspire myself.

Things are even more pressing than I thought. You see, if my life doesn't turn around soon, much sooner than just next New Year's Eve, I don't know how they ever will. The clock is ticking. I need to focus. I can use my blog as a sort of timekeeper. I can't let myself fall back into that night-shift blur of "what day is it again?" Because before I know it, after distracting myself with spiritual painkillers just to get through the mire, too much time has slipped by unnoticed. And life doesn't wait for anyone. I've got a lot to do, and I can't stay where I am any longer.

It's time to move on or get left behind. And this night job is holding me back. This job is secure, and the benefits are outstanding, but while stable income is a nice security blanket, it's a trap.

Don't get complacent, because it could happen to you, too. Tick. Tock. TICK...

TOCK...

A month ago, several of my friends posted their New Year's resolutions on Facebook, presumably with intent to inspire. Well, I've never really done the New Year's resolution trend, and I'm a month late, but... here it goes...

1. To get back into peak physical condition (circa 2007) and take a vacation to revisit Kansas City specifically to train martial arts with Sensei Eric Banks and Dean "The Reverend" Yzon. Also to visit Brad and Ling and whoever else makes the time for me while I'm in town.
2. To get a new computer including (at the very least) Logic 9 and Goliath, launch a website, and post an album of roleplaying game music online for purchasing. Possibly a Halloween album as well.
3. To get a better job, with daylight hours and more income, in order to make everything work out and move on in life or put a bullet in my brain. Be successful or die trying, figuratively speaking.

Lofty goals, you say? Sadly, they are actually the bare minimum.

TICK...

TOCK...

0 Comments:

<< Home