No Outward Change
I don't know where my time goes, but it's certainly not towards the act of composing music. At any rate, here I am with another belated blog post. Every week is a blur, and that's why I don't blog regularly: because my relative-temporal sense is eradicated. I simply don't realize that it's been "too long" since my last blog post. I get caught up in the rat race and forget what day it is. And then the electricity bill is late...
Okay, blog post. Here we go.
Golly. I could easily rant for pages with grim resoluteness about many things in the aftermath of the death of Osama bin Laden. Too much too say there, yet all of it goes without saying. I'll bypass that, and save it for Facebook.
Well, it has been quite a rat race lately. Did I mention that whole thing about my car? Yeah, there was this whole thing about my car. I'll sidestep that topic as well. I'm finally recovering from the cost of a new BCM, but all but one of the symptoms remain. Basically, I paid $642 to get rid of a beep. Everything else still malfunctions: the locks, the lights, the air conditioner, the trunk, the horn. Screw it. Do you know what I could have done with that kind of money?
Quite honestly, little has changed since the blog post titled "Stimulus Post" except for the listening list. I'm still breathing a miasma of Reminiscence Fusion of disparate chapters of my life. Endless material for blog posts there. Sidestepped.
You know, when you don't actually blog about things, it's easy to blog about things.
My NES Yobo rocks out. So far, I only have Super Mario Bros., Dr. Mario, and Legend of Zelda, but Magic Darts is on the way. The latter is a great party game that the Blanch and I discovered by accident one night and became hooked. In fact, I have Pavlovan recollection of the taste of Snyder's Honey Mustard Onion Pretzel Bites when I see screen shots of that game. I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail. My girlfriend stomped Super Mario Bros. and now she's on Legend of Zelda. I picked up a second 13-inch TV at Goodwill for ten bucks. So we can play video games side by side. The Yobo was only ten bucks, as well. Also at Goodwill, I found a perfect TV table for just five dollars. Counting the games and a couple extra controllers, so far I've spent less than the cost of a full tank of gasoline for an entire entertainment system that, twenty years ago, was considered a luxury in my household. That gives me pause. Think about that for a minute.
Soon my brother's family will be visiting, right after Memorial Day. The Captain was also supposed to visit, but I'm wondering if and when that's going to go down. My high school buddy Andrew is going to visit in June. Visitors = good. Something nice to say.
I'm really just trying to strike a balance of all my undertakings: budo, music, writing projects, and a few other things that are going so unsatisfactorily that I don't even feel like ranking them. Get off my back.
Essentially, not a lot has changed on my end. Not outwardly, anyway. Only my inspiration has changed. From a change in inspiration comes a change in motivation. From that, perhaps, comes a kssssh, the unmistakable hissing sound of decompression when a can of whoop-ass is opened.
If only inspiration were change enough.
Said inspiration comes partly from this music:
The Bourne Ultimatum (John Powell)
Quantum of Solace (David Arnold)
The Matrix Revolutions (Don Davis)
The Last Samurai (Hans Zimmer)
...and Bela Bartok's six string quartets.
I'm generally dissatisfied, frustrated, dispirited, and taciturn.
We'll talk soon.

0 Comments:
<< Home