Upcoming Performances
As soon as I buy a pair of microphones, I can do some recording with my own setup. Just using Sound Studio 2 with my USB hub and my laptop... it's nice to have resources for a change.
As far as performances go, I have a couple of those, too. A string trio I composed back in 2001 (which has been performed twice in the past) might be featured on a recital my friend and fellow composer Josh Kalichman (aka The K-Man) is putting together. There's a choral piece (also including marimba and alto flute) I wrote in July that will be on Tammy Griffin's graduate conducting recital in February.
Each semester, there are also two Student Composers' Forum recitals, as well as two Praecepta recitals. (Praecepta is the club for promoting new music, which most of the composers are a part of.) So far I am not planning to program anything on any of those four recitals, but we'll see what happens.
I would rather have something new performed, instead of my old stuff. But to do that, I'd have to WRITE something. And since I'm too preoccupied with my thesis composition... well, I do have sketches for another choral piece. Maybe I'll try to write that on the side. Plus, I have a massive collaborative project with another composer here... basically, I have no time to do all the things I came here to do. At least I have lots of ideas.
Anyway, if all I want is a recording of something, I can now do that on my own.

10 Comments:
what kind of mics are you looking at?
Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:18:00 PM
Actually, Noah is looking into that. We might go together on a pair. He might be able to find a sweet deal. Nothing too fancy, just a couple hundred bucks.
Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:20:00 PM
what's your setup?
Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:51:00 PM
Just the bare necessities for now... we'll see how well it works once we get the microphones. At least it will be in stereo...
Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:21:00 PM
That's the one. For some reason, people seem to like it. I guess it's true: a piece doesn't need to be overly complicated if it's written well. Take THAT, Boulez.
Friday, September 23, 2005 10:43:00 AM
Or maybe people just have really bad taste.
I keeed, I keeed. I think your Lament is a beautiful work. I also think you should expand it.
Friday, September 23, 2005 2:17:00 PM
Well, it was originally an idea for string orchestra. Frankly, I think I'm through "down-sizing" my ideas. I'll write for whatever ensemble I want to write for.
Friday, September 23, 2005 3:31:00 PM
in your composition do you use any synth, or is it just straight up acoustic?
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:51:00 PM
acoustic when possible
Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:07:00 AM
Does Kings of Lusturia count as an electro-acoustic work?
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:09:00 PM
<< Home